Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
cooling system capacity - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

cooling system capacity

Gasman GT3

What is the full capacity in ltrs of the post 93 Esprit? Having just refurbed my rad and chargcooler pump I just want to check the system is full and not leaking. So far it has taken about 15 ltrs, and still needs top ups if it is left standing for a day or 2, but does not appear to be leaking.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rad only holds an extra litre or so so it's very close to the original - you might wanna try bleeding it some more as it settles, if you have a small air lock the pump could be 'pulsing' where fluid flows then stops for a few secs then flows again in a non continusous flow.

Do you have the correct bleed procedure as well ?

Nice thing about the Esprit, easiest car I have ever had to work on the cooling system :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Just a thought, but how have you calculated your coolant ratio?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try bleeding again at the weekend with the back jacked up.

Rog, I premixed the coolant at slightly less than 50% concentration using a graduated 3ltr jug, this was on the advice of Esprit Engineering