Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 front spoiler question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 front spoiler question

I have a esprit S1 chassis No:0319G built on 16/1/1978 with a S2 front spoiler fitted, does anyone know if this could have been factory fitted or if any S1 were fitted with S2 spoilers? I have removed the spoiler and the bottom of the front wings have been cut off to allow the S2 spoiler to fit, whoever cut the wings has done an excellent job very tidy. I would like to put a S1 spoiler back on it, but if it left the factory with a S2 spoiler thought it might be best left as it is.

Also i would be grateful if anyone has any photos of the front wings of a S1 especially the underside just so i can see what is missing

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the factory started to introduce S2 updates to the S1 towards the end of the model's life. This included the twin headlamp motors and the front spoiler.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Funny you should say that I just happen to have mine upsidedown at the moment. Mine is a 1976 S1 chassis # 129G...

dscf0368i.jpg

and...

dscf0370n.jpg

The radiator housing looks like...

dscf0378f.jpg

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Chassis No:0319G built on 16/1/1978 should not have a S2 front spoiler fitted, fit a S1 front spoiler !

Cars alot later than yours did not have a S2 front spoiler fitted at the factory

Matt

The more the merrier :yes: