Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans Anyone? - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans Anyone?

Stuart

I know that it is a little early to be thinking of this. But I have always wanted to go to this event. Now fortunately I will be in Europe, and able to get there, hopefully driving, although comming from Spain, so opposite to most of you.

Is there anyone that plans to go / goes every year?

It would be good to get as many Esprits together as possible. I'm sick and tired of seeing those red donkeys everywhere,

who is for showing a little solidarity?

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i came down here earlier this summer it cost me 29 pounds with superfast ferries from dover to france. looking at the costs at the event now.

I go every year and will be going again this year.

It is simply the best on the road car spectacular in the world where you will see thousands of supercars in action driving there!

However Police have clamped down a LOT in recent years so be careful!

I will be camping in Bleu as other areas you can get your tent robbed very easily.

You need to get tickets very early as it sells out around now.

Went this year and really enjoyed it. Only let down by abysmal toilet and shower facilities - very dissapointing for a large scale event Can anyone recommend better or maybe a good local hotel? The Seven's owners club had a brilliant set up with showers, ringed off parking area with security and a marquee with a large screen where they were watching the F1 racing on the last day - talk about luxury!

Love to go - didn't make last year with the lotus celebration :P

Main thing thats put me off is the drive there...ok ok thats the fun bit also but it just scares me :P

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Love to go - didn't make last year with the lotus celebration  :P

Main thing thats put me off is the drive there...ok ok thats the fun bit also but it just scares me  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jonathan - thats the REALLY fun bit. I've done LM for last five years and never had any problems taking the esprit.. my advice is to avoild the "obvious" times and routes to drive down and back - this way you avoid the traffic AND any pesky traffic cops.

We've had some awesome drives back after spending sun night in paris. Early morning start flying up the empty roads on the way back to calais.. you can see for miles, roads arrow straight smooth and empty.. supercar heaven, unlike ANY driving you can do in the uk.

B)

Well if anyone wants to definitely attend, Let either Bibs or myself know. We'll be looking to arrange the trip now, and will probably be heading down for a few days to cover the whole event.

W'll most likely be staying in a hotel and meeting up with other classic car enthusiasts from London when down there as we did this year.

This year we hope to have the Wedges available and fuelled up to head down, but the trip can be a lot of fun even if you can't bring the Esprit.

Bobbo and I hooned in the HSV and stayed the first night in Tours. Then we hooned to Le Mans itself and partied like it was 1983 all over again. Since our trip we both experienced re-juvenation, and came back a lot younger than we left.

This as noticed by Fishy upon our return as he felt even older than he already is... :) Hope he also learns his lesson and attends the next one rather than being a lightweight thru lack of performance.... :D What Le Mans needs most is a silver G-Wedge to complete the scene!

Some of the roads are fantastic, weather brilliant, and the atmosphere awesome. The cops seem to be reasonable compared to here and the roads are normally nothing like as heavy with traffic as we are used to here.

Next year we are looking to rent a small chateau and fill it with a few of us to keep costs down...

:)

Well if anyone wants to definitely attend, Let either Bibs or myself know. We'll be looking to arrange the trip now, and will probably be heading down for a few days to cover the whole event.

W'll most likely be staying in a hotel and meeting up with other classic car enthusiasts from London when down there as we did this year.

This year we hope to have the Wedges available and fuelled up to head down, but the trip can be a lot of fun even if you can't bring the Esprit.

Bobbo and I hooned in the HSV and stayed the first night in Tours. Then we hooned to Le Mans itself and partied like it was 1983 all over again. Since our trip we both experienced re-juvenation, and came back a lot younger than we left.

This as noticed by Fishy upon our return as he felt even older than he already is... :( Hope he also learns his lesson and attends the next one rather than being a lightweight thru lack of performance....  :) What Le Mans needs most is a silver G-Wedge to complete the scene!

Some of the roads are fantastic, weather brilliant, and the atmosphere awesome. The cops seem to be reasonable compared to here and the roads are normally nothing like as heavy with traffic as we are used to here.

Next year we are looking to rent a small chateau and fill it with a few of us to keep costs down...

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would be very interested in the le mans trip, dont fancy camping though! chateau sounds perfect!! i ll have 4 tickets please!!!

"Next year we are looking to rent a small chateau and fill it with a few of us to keep costs down..."

I am your guy for this. Not only acomodation but a secure lock covered up facility on the grounds for all the esprits! 2hrs South of Paris. Next to Chablis. Roads are magnificient, wide, empty and lack of men in blue!

Sounds like we are starting to put a plan together. What dates are people toying with. When are you going down, returning? It's never good being somewhere and watching your mates drive off.... :lol:

Rob we definately want to go, just need to work out where to meet up and when, as I'll be comming up from the Barcelona ferry.

Also what is the consensus about where to stay, tent / car ( for the hardcore ) / chateaux / versailles?

As you posted this is something that will have to be arranged shortly to guarantee place.

stu.

Hi, I'm interested, but would prefer off site hotel/chateau to camping.

Maybe we can hire a nearby gite?

I have never been, but have heard that travel to and from is best not on the 'obvious' days, although am sure there are more experienced people here who will know the best plans?