Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mikes 1979 s2 - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mikes 1979 s2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got the Alternator, header tank and fuel sender fitted today.

Removed the carburetors for strip down/ Inspection and fitted the new spindle bearings.

The old ones were tight and caused the engine to over rev after a few miles.

Found the carb pump rod clamp was cracked so ordered a new one from www.dellorto.co.uk

Will post photos soon

Mike

The carb pump rod arrived from dellorto today but im away for 2 weeks so that will have to wait.

Quick photo of engine bay with new alternator and header tank.

Carbs missing.

post-286-049162800 1285334250.jpg

Got the keys for our new house today so Im juggling the car and house at the same time.

Garage to be built soon for the Esprit :)

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the new carb pump rod yesterday and the carbs are back on the engine :)

Antifreeze is in the new shiny header tank, then i went to bleed the clutch and yep the bleed nipple is solid, it broke off :(

Never mind i was going to replace the slave cylinder anyway but that will have to wait till march on my next trip home.

Will see if i can bleed the brakes this weekend and possibly fit the front spoiler.

post-286-055075400 1287562595.jpg

post-286-035322800 1287562613.jpg

As you can see i managed to get the front spoiler fitted.

Brakes have fresh fluid and work so except from the clutch slave cylinder im where I wanted to be before I fly off again for another 5 months in the Falklands.

Next time I will build up the doors ( fit the windows,frames and motors etc.)

Time taken so far - approx 6 years. Hope to have it on the road in the next 2 years ???????

In 6 years ive only had about 2 months working time on it so I suppose im doing ok :)

Later

Mike

• 9 months later...

After 10 months im back for a short 3 weeks in the uk.

Got the clutch master & slave cylinders fitted yesterday. The battery is knackered so I have the other one on charge. hope to fire the engine up on saturday before I go to spain for the week.

Removed the plugs today to lube the cylinders.

Hope to get a few more jobs done and photos before i head back to the Falklands.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Its all looking very nice :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The carb pump rod arrived from dellorto today but im away for 2 weeks so that will have to wait.

Quick photo of engine bay with new alternator and header tank.

Carbs missing.

attachicon.gifDsc03978.jpg

Got the keys for our new house today so Im juggling the car and house at the same time.

Garage to be built soon for the Esprit smile.gif

Mike

What is that grille on the right there right on the edge of the picture? Custom made?

But looks like a custom alloy grille, not like the mesh and cheapo plastic surround standard on the S2. I'd be interested in the details on how this was done.

Edited by Freemason

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys its been a while since I last checked in here.

My father passed away in may which threw me off for a while.

Antonio yes that is the correct starter motor (hi torque). 

The original wire mesh vent on my car was a bit torn up. I had a bit of aluminium sheet lying around so cut it to size and drilled holes in it. It just sits behind the original surround.

I did get quite a bit of wiring done last time home. Just the instrument warning lights to do then test it all.

Home again over christmas so I hope all the electrics will finally be done and I will through a new cam belt on to be safe as Its been lying for a while.

I know its slow but Im getting there

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well so much for that last bit on almost having all the wiring done.

Got home this week after not seeing my esprit for over a year to find the new (well was new when I started doing the wiring 5 years ago) all chewed up by mice :(

So today I pulled most of it out and Im going to start all over again.

I have a week at home without the family so this will be the first time in over 10 years I will get real time on the car. Got 2 more weeks free in febuary aswell so lets hope it all comes together before I have to go overseas again.

To top if off someone smashed the side window on the garage a few months ago and glass is everywhere in and under the car. Cant take the car out the garage yet as its up against the wall so need to get a new jack to pull it over. Will get one tommorow.

Must get some tech shots up this time as this Is the projects & resto forum after all he he.

• 1 month later...

Not a happy bunny today as I have run out of time again to fit the wiring.

My S2 ESPRIT is now for sale :(

Living in the Philippines and working in the Falkland Islands only gives me 2 weeks a year in the UK so I have to give up to clear some space in my mothers garage.

Not sure what £££££££ i want yet but will let you know.

Anyone interested pm me and I can give you details photos etc.

Leaving the UK on sunday so will get my brother to do the selling :(

:no

Edited by Mikes2esprit1979