Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Snowboarding.... - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Snowboarding....

Jonathan

Been discussed with a few people.

I have decided to try and champion it :rolleyes:

I'm currently looking at early Jan (whilst I'm still off work) at the snow dome thing in Tamworth or Miltonkeynes, or where ever (tbh I can't be bothered to look right now, still in car mode).

Esprit event (although people more important than cars....well...)

Arrive early, break some limbs, pub, home - bosh, job done.

TBH if it's much good I might stay the night in the gutter or something and have another go, depends on whether the board park is any good as I am personally trying to get a few more weeks off work.

Any ideas suggestions etc welcome.

Discuss - you have the floor...

When I've got a min I'll look up the facilities and so forth, should be a laugh and nicely positioned in the middle so no excuses for not coming out to play !

One of my mates knows some person up there and is trying to organise something along the lines of a group parking etc. Anyways, car.....

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might come along to be sociable and for the laugh (and the meet/grub thing) :)

Will not be taking part myself as there are work commitments that require me

not to be walking like a star wars figure (no knee or elbow joints) throughout

the first six months of 2006.

:rolleyes:

The other thing i can't risk missing, is some funkster with long red hair

cartwheeling down a hill with an ironing board strapped to his feet...

:)

will of course bring me camera B)

LMAO! :rolleyes:

I say Milton Keynes is the most central as that way we ALL have to drive an hour and a half to get there!

('cept the Jammy MK-ers! :) )

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Sounds good

May be up for a bit of that myself, did it in Birmingham a couple of years back and had a great time.

Never been snowboarding or skiing before so it was kinda more down on my knees eating snow than standing up!!!!

Good fun though :D

Keep us posted

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Are you up to speed now tho? :D

They won't let you on the slope unattended without loads of lessons if you're not already at a "recreational level" ...either that or lie but they will come and chuck you off with no refund - I've seen them do it!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Not sure about MK but at Tamworth they do a variety of things from the usual skiing/snowboarding through toboganning, adrenalin tubing :D (seen that - its mad!) and ice skating to snowmobiles.

So I guess there is something for everyone and Paul C will be happy cos its cold :D

Link to Tamworth Snowdome

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Not sure about MK but at Tamworth they do a variety of things from the usual skiing/snowboarding through toboganning, adrenalin tubing  :D (seen that - its mad!) and ice skating to snowmobiles.

So I guess there is something for everyone and Paul C will be happy cos its cold :D

Link to Tamworth Snowdome

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes ,yes this is good... :D

Snow mobiles eh? We all went ice karting earlier in the year and that was kinda

fun. Will they let me out on the snow mobiles at the same time you lot are skiing?

Then i could do some bond baddie kinda moves, and that.

In a T-shirt,of course :D

Nah - that's rubbish! Karl goes there almost weekly and he doesn't pay anything near that... :D

Are you up to speed now tho? :D

They won't let you on the slope unattended without loads of lessons if you're not already at a "recreational level" ...either that or lie but they will come and chuck you off with no refund - I've seen them do it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uuummmmm.......

I'm definately at recreational level, not sure about the snowboarding though!!! :D

Seriously though, Ive only ever been the once so I suppose I'm still at the falling over level. Was getting kinda good towards the end though. Found it quite easy actually. Falling over that is!! :D

Chunky Lover

Yes ,yes this is good...  :D

Snow mobiles eh? We all went ice karting earlier in the year and that was kinda

fun. Will they let me out on the snow mobiles at the same time you lot are skiing?

Then i could do some bond baddie kinda moves, and that.

In a T-shirt,of course  :D

Unfortunately the snowmobiles are on a separate track to the skiers but there is no reason why one group couldn't be on the snowmobiles while the others were breaking parts of their bodies :D

Incidentally they do group rates - I have been tobogganing - great fun

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

SKIING?!?!?! :D

:D

You calling me a twin planker?! :D

snowboarding is a sport for 15 years olds that cant ski!

just wish that was my quote but some american skier said it back in the early 90's

I am up for a meet at any slope dry or snow, let me know which one you all decide on and I will see if I can organise some sort of discount, I have many contacts in the ski industry.

Howard (Snowsports England Coach, ASSI, IVSI)

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Me ?! No I just wonder from room to room :D

(what I say at work)

TBH compared to the amount of people that said they'd go the response has been dull, I'm not into paying silly money ad travelling 150 mile around to go sliding down a slope on my backside so tobogan etc is not on my list....I've done stupid amounts of drunken extreme toboganing on holiday anyways....only fun if it's dangerous and if you get a prize at the end - same with snow mobiles you can't do anything fun on them cus it'll be banned or against health and safety - personally I see no point to it.

Gotta talk to my boardy mate tonight and mebbe book something but for boarding/ski-ing what we got ? 4 people....aint worth organising really, just turn up.

Would have thought we'll be going early Jan (mebbe 4th/5th) - I'll post it up, anyone wanna meet by all means but if not to be horribly blunt I'm not too fussed, just be nice to go with a crowd.

4? Are you having numeracy problems there Jon?! :D

From what I can recall...

We have:

Jon

Red

Robin

Lisa

Howard

Karl & Justine

Paul C coming to throw snowballs...

Also the possibility of "Simon 350S" and "David Oneshot" too...

That's definitely more than four! :):D

Is that an option? :D

State clearly mate. More people will come for that i'm sure,

i'd travel many miles to launch a snowball at yer, no offence.

Tactic:

Wait til they look away throw it directly at the head,

At last minute shout "Robin!". Target looks round...

Wop!!!!

I'm so there!

B)

We have:

Jon

Red

Robin

Lisa

Howard

Karl & Justine

Also the possibility of "Simon 350S" and "David Oneshot" too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I haven't had a yes/no from Red yet.

Karl+Jus haven't posted on here to say yay-or-nay, keep telling my boss I am telepathetic but I can't read minds very well :D

I assumed you'd go Robin but it was a little unclear.

As for people who haven't been before / haven't got their own kit I'm assuming they do know it's going to cost quite a bit of money for a 1 hr lesson / hire out.

Got a few other takers as well but it's all "well I can't do that day / can't afford it this month".

Like I say it's probably just as easy to say a date time and be there.

TBH Milton Keynes is the place where I was gonna go cus there's James / Jason / Martyn there as well who I am sure will be up for a meet afterwards - should make for a good day out.

havent read the whole post but im on the list,,,fair play,,its our new hobby been doing it 3 months now and going to the snowboard capital of europe in 3 weeks,,,,yes i have decided im a pro already,,,,let me at those snowparks OH YEAH

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)