Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Parisian Soiree - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Parisian Soiree

Hi Guys ,

Just back from the Sat/Sun Pistonheads thrash to Paris, great fun and a great gang to be with. Cut to the chase and this is my problem. I took my daughter Melissa with me as she is somewhat intrepid I thought as a surprise for her I will put her on the insurance and she will do a few miles. She was not too interested in mixing it with the Trevors ,Noble R8 , Motorsport Beemers etc. etc so I waited until we got back to Folkestone and then swapped over.. Poor little thing ( app 5'3") just could not reach the pedals far enough to get the clutch down . Bummer! So no co-driver in the family for the 350 and not much point leaving it to her when I croak.

I got to thinking, my daughter ought to be a Lotus person to keep the marque in the family so perhaps I should get her an Elise. Which one to go for , will she fit in it, what are the pitfalls etc.etc.? Any advice out there, I was thinking poss. a series 2 for

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike hope you're well.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/list.asp?s=...amp;o=q&pc=

start here and work your way down...

Thanks for that tip Dom, quite a list of available cars.

But what I want to know is what is the best buy for say 8 to 9K and for 12 to 15K are there any particular models / hi mileages to keep away from ?

I have never even sat in an Elise let alone driven one but I do understand that they are one hot roller skate! So I am sure that Melissa would not be dissapointed.

Keeping well but so busy atm . Out all this week with the Police in boats and tomorrow with Suzuki ( 5.30am start ) on the Solent ferrying journos to Cowes for a new bike launch/test rides and some fun and thrills on the sea with the 950/2x 300 hp Suzuki outboards. Good fun but I am knackered!

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, I'm 5'4" and yes holding the clutch out used to be a stretch. I fitted a 3/4" bore clutch master cylinder, problem gone. I have a good view of the instrument pod, but not much of the bonnet but I know where it is.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Mike,

It depends on how well she copes with power! My Exige S is the ultimate play thing but maybe a little hardcore for her.

I really would suggest going for a newer model, and avoid the series 1. They do look good but are far less practical and more difficult to get in and out. As such I say, start with an S (which in the Elise range isn't Supercharged...but is in the Exige (wierd)) but get one with a Sports pack as the seats are more comfortable.

Expect to pay

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Alternatively Mike, I could always consider putting myself up for adoption :lol:

I got to have a bit of a drive in an Elise S and I loved it. I'm a couple of inches taller than your daughter but it was certainly a comfortable fit, size & was nice and easy to handle. It was also easy to drive at lower speeds, something I find more difficult in the Esprit, so it's would be nice and easy to pop to the shops in (and of course put a limit on the handbag/shoes/dresses bought due to the tiny boot!).

Rodger , Kimbers and Laura .

Thanks for input its the sort of constructive comments that helps to point us in the right direction.

I think it will be an Elise as Melissa has now had a good look around one and the comment was Gorgeous !

So its interesting that you advise to stay away from an S1 Kimbers and go for the S2, thats the info I am looking for . As a side note I am not interested in selling the 350 as to my mind that is the Gorgeous one ! But to a young(er) person the little 'Roller Skate' appeals and I dont need conviincing how nimble the Elise is , its just that I love the long legs of the 350 and the laid back grunt , its like a trip in the Post Office Tower lift from basement to top in one relentless whoosh !

Laura, your offer to be an adoptee is flattering but one child is enough in the household and I am told if I dont change my ways and stop acquiring toys I may be looking for alternative lodgings !

And yes , two Raids a year at the sales in Sloane Street is threatening to curb the buying power of Toybox Inc.

Be good fun though, with father and daughter mixing it up the A11 on the way to a Hethel bash .....

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661