Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
FPR Installed - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

FPR Installed

esprits4de

Just got aroung installing mthe new FPR from R&B. Came with all the nitty gritty, so was a WIP to install. Only thing that annoyed me was that I had to take the CC down to install the vacc tube from the FPR to the head.

Its adjusted and I will take her for a ride in the morning...

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Olaf,

That looks pretty good install. Iam in the process of doing my own kit for less than half the price of the R&B one and will look identical. I think it's a little overpriced.

Let me know how you get on with the running of it.

David Walters

Sure, the components are no out of world parts, just the adapter is a pain in the ass to machine! As there is so little place for everything I think the money is well spent at R&B, unlessone wants to spend an awefull lot of time at the workshop.

Me is happy....

Going GOOD. I would say that there is plenty of fuel available now, even to go above 1.5 bar of boost. My engine was running lean in the higher revs with high boost levels ( 1.25+)

So needless to say I am satisfyed with this set up.

shapeimage_1.jpg

SHOCK!

Going uphill on a straightway, doing just about 160 km/h, all of the sudden the engine stalls, no boost no power..... ahhhrg! I actually thought: oh no the turbo went pop! But no black smoke not a sign of anything, just no power....

Letting her roll out, almost making it to the top, she will not move an inch anymore. Hazzards....Pulse 180, stomach ill feeling now. What did I do wrong? What got me? A mere minute passed, restarting, turns over starvingly, pressing the pedal slightly kreeping up hill to an emergency exit. Hardly any response from the engine......

Opened the engine cover...and...? Diagnostics..... Well here it is, believe it or not:

The brass adjusting screw, eventhough counterlocked ( not strong enough then) , was actually screwed out of the fuel regulator by the engine cover, cutting my fuel supply by more than half..... One deep rubbing hole where it sat on the adjuster.....wow! Never thought that the vibrations could cause this.

Readjusted to 45psi of fuel pressure and off I went again.

Had a good glas of Cutty Sark to calm the rush afterwards.

Now I will get some rubber mounts and get the cover sitting in well above the adjuster.

shapeimage_1.jpg