Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Un-connected wires... - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Un-connected wires...

Jonathan

One thing I really hate is wiring looms with un-connected wires....as a sparky it drives me mad and on the GT3 they're all in the engine bay making a mess of themselves.

Anyways got a few labled for removal (namely the EBPV and the throttle jack waste of space) as well as the air conditioning stuff.

Obviously before removing anything it's all checked in the cct drawings, but some bits I simply cannot find and need clarifying where they actually end up so I'm not making a mistake (nearly cut the air idle connection earlier on !) - I need some owners help !

1st up:

---------------

Just behind the drivers seat in the engine bay - behind the airbox is a rubber 3 pin plug with a purple / pink-purple / black wire to it, this comes out of the side wall near right next to the bulk head....any ideas what this would have been connected to so I can rip it out safely ?

I'll probably be adding to this list later - I know there are at least 2 loose connectors inside the front hatch as well.

Many thanks :rolleyes:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st up:

---------------

Just behind the drivers seat in the engine bay - behind the airbox is a rubber 3 pin plug with a purple / pink-purple / black wire to it, this comes out of the side wall near right next to the bulk head....any ideas what this would have been connected to so I can rip it out safely ?

I'll probably be adding to this list later - I know there are at least 2 loose connectors inside the front hatch as well.

Many thanks  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that the connector for the third (high level) stop light?

Ian

I believe the purple / pink wires are for the optional rear spoiler stop light. Plug a meter in, hit the brake pedal and you'll confirm. :rolleyes:

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Nah it's not for the rear high level stop light according to the cct drawings, seems unlikely as it's a 3 pin plug as well....I'll have a look tonight though just incase.

I know the pink/purple are for the lights, but being so far back in the engine bay it's gotta be for something else, perhaps air conditioning ?

Did make me chuckle when I was doing the EBPV/Throttlejack and the Aircon clutch wires that Lotus had plonked the relays and fuses in for the car knowing it's not going to be connected. Normally I can understand but the GT3 was the only 4 pot in production at the time hehe.

Anyways the offending item is arowed here in yellow - looking from the back of the car towards the front.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

whilst removing the old carpets,i found a real mess ,where somebody has installed a mobile phone system,,wires running so tight from dash through the fire wall next to the petrol tank , They used a 25mm drill bit to drill through the wooden bulkhead to get 2 wires through, it took me all day to repair this,I found a set of crimp pliers under the inside sill cover so they must have removed this as well

( the crimp pliers had the company name etched on them) Butchers&Bodgers ltd,i had better not tell you their real name