Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fighting the itch to upgrade my wheels (again)! - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fighting the itch to upgrade my wheels (again)!

Alex, im not sure how it would work with the G cars but you may want to approach the idea of having bolt pattern adapters made that would allow you to use any common 4bolt wheels on your car... we have a thread (allthough with the 5x108 bolt pattern on the stephens cars) about them going on in the stephen tech area:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=25521

i know that the guy at wheeladapter.com cant go from 4bolt to 5bolt patterns so common honda wheels might be out for you but i do know that there are tons of nice 4bolt alternatives out there that would work... this might let you get by cheaper then having to go a custom forged route...

shade

Edited by shadeone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade,

Great input.... The bolt pattern on my S2 is 4 x 100, which is a very common pattern (hub size is likely an issue though).

The challenge is the offset. No manufacturer of standard wheels that I can find (believe me, I have checked tens if not hundreds) sells wheels with our offsets except perhaps Compomotive (Unfortunately, I don't like any of their new wheel choices and the sizes are too small). Maybe spacers would do the trick but I am leery about messing with the geometry of the rear end.

Thanks for the bolt pattern mod info, I do do my homework and see if this will help my cause...

Cheers...

Edited by mywedge

• 4 months later...

Alex,

This may be old news (from your posting date)but Phil Miller on the s1s2s3owners yahoo group had plans for a spacer and shows larger wheels on his JPS

If you are a member check here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S1S2S3owners/files/Wheel_Spacer/

• 2 weeks later...