Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
British Car Day in Canada - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

British Car Day in Canada

73JPS

Hi Guys,

Rogue S1, Zipbyu, myself, and many other Lotus owners, today attended the 26th annual British Car Day held at Bronte Creek Provincial Park near Toronto in Ontario, Canada (Here for Info).

The weather was perfect, and while I do not know the official numbers for this year, the event has, in the past, had over 1,000 British Cars in attendance. This year the Lotus marque was well represented with what I estimate was over 50 cars: an Eclat, 7s, Elans, Europas, a 23, Elises, an Elite, a Plus 2, and Esprits of all generations. Jaguar, Rolls, TVR, MG, Triumph, Aston Martin, Austin Healey, Jensen, Jensen Healey, DeLorean, Marcos, AC, Sunbeam, and many others I am sure I have forgotten: all were there.

I never really wandered far from the Lotus area, so my pics are pretty narrow in scope and I am missed getting shots of some very rare and interesting cars. Nevertheless, here are a few (mostly Lotus) shots:

Meeting up beforehand:

A Line o' Lotuses:

Mine:

Rob's:

Elie's

My old Europa (a '73 JPS) that I never finished restoring, but the guy who bought it from me did! It was the first time I had seen it since it was completed: was it ever nice to see!

A beautifully done Elite:

23:

Hilarious:

A Dozen DeLoreans:

It was great fun to be part of such a large event; hopefully we can get even more Lotuses out next year!

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Great day by the looks of it! Nice weather too!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Whats that big bright ball of light in the sky ?

It is a giant mass of burning gas. :)

Looks like it was a great event! Nice to see a real 23! :D

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Tony, we expect to see you here next year! There was a black S1 that showed up, and it was for sale :)

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Tony, we expect to see you here next year! There was a black S1 that showed up, and it was for sale :)

I love visiting Toronto. Great city! I have family in Oakville. Seeing a bunch of Esprits and meeting their owners is a great reason/excuse to go! Send me an email early in the "driving season" next year, and I'll make plans for it. Seriously, I'd love to attend. :D

Any info on this black S1? How nice, how much?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I am afraid I didn't get a very good look at the S1, and the owner was not there to speak to when I went by. It looked fairly good to me, I am pretty sure it had Wolfrace wheels on it. Maybe Rob or Elie got a better look at it and can give a better description. I did notice the price was $8,500, but I don't know if that was CDN or US.

Here is the only pic I got if it:

I think the timing for this event is the third Sunday of September every year, but I will certainly post before the event next time. And the event is basically in North Oakville :)

British Car Day is always a blast. I had the privilege to meet Brian Angus there a couple of years ago. Tony, sorry I never thought to invite you. Will do next year. The black S1 is owned by the brother of a co-worker. It's stationed in Oakvillle right now. He was asking $8500 Canadian, but said there was some electrical gremlins. Also the interior was redone in leather with some aging to it to boot, and the instrument panel was covered in wood veneer. I wish I had remembered my camera, it was an interesting sight. Other than that it looked nice, The only other mod I spotted was a european front bumper, which I like better anyway, and mirrors of course. Patrick thanks for the great pics!

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg