Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
oil/water heat exchangers - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

oil/water heat exchangers

Hello everyone;

We took the front end of the car apart this week, all radiators and so on. We got everything off OK *except* the upper oil line on the passenger side was frozen so badly, I thought someone put locktite on it. finally tore the fitting of the radiator getting it out. ouch. then I heard the price of a replacement ouch ouch. i have some hope I can get it repaired.

In the meantime I read about several competition lotus cars that used oil/water heat exchangers; I think they were fluidyne units. Looked good good good to me. Anyone had experience with the product? Advice?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

any radiator shop can repair and refit the connector for you. This is a very common thing since those little aluminum rads are so soft. They are made by setrab and replacements can be bought direct for $150 or less. I also pondered the oil/water exchanger but that just leaves you with a whole bunch of new hoses and a pump to move all that water around the car. You could just piggyback it onto the existing cooling system but that is already operating at 100% load on hot days. The only easy idea I had was to mount a smaller oil cooler with a fan and some clever ducting in the left side rear quarter panel, the area where to intake resonator is on the other side.