Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WayneB in California - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WayneB in California

WayneB

UPDATE - Wayne B is alive and well! :blink:

Spoke to Wayne tonight and the plan is to meet at the Kings Head in Santa Monica Sunday 10:30 AM for a good old English breakfast! I know Slade will be joining us, so how about you Tiegan - show us you really exist :blink: Anyone else is more than welcome to show up.

http://www.yeoldekingshead.com/pub/directions.htm

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Paul thinks I'm a great guy. That's the best compliment I've ever had :blink: Paul is a damn great guy as well, much fun was had. Crystal Cove was excellent, had a great breakfast with Paul, his girlfriend's little rascal, and a few Elise owners. Will stop by more often.

Met up with Wayne and Paul the next day for the Santa Monica interpretation of an English Breakfast :)

Got a great shot of Wayne's Buick, Paul's S4s and Slademobile with the owner's posed in front, courtesy of generous passersby. Wayne will post the picture, which will be when he gets back (he's taking his time... gotta be nice and careful with that Alfa. He may be a week getting back to the forum). Ran into a blue Elise decked in custom black trim on the way out, nice fellow :( he even knew what our cars were. Nice girlfriend too.

After Paul departed, I chauffered Wayne around most of Santa Monica in the Esprit (I wasn't lost for 20 minutes looking for the freeway at all), thankfully he was too absorbed in the scenery to notice. Had a nice chat on the way out to the house of Slade. Hung out, gave Wayne the chance to absorb my meager car collection :( Allowed Wayne the reins to the Slademobile for a few miles, he gives the car an A-ok.

Stopped in my old stomping grounds for coffee. Wayne is a genuinely cool guy, especially for his age :(. More great stories than I can ever hope to accumulate in my lifetime.

Hoping for another Waynefest soon B) Wayne needs to buy more cars down here :blink:

And I definitely will make it to more Crystal Coves. Esprit owners need to represent :(

oh yeah, wayne says hi

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Awesome! How I would have loved to have been at that one! :blink:

I notice Teigan's shoddy absence! :blink:

Afraid we'll all discover that you're secretly a 14 year old?!?! :( :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Nice meeting up with Slade and Wayne for breakfast. Wayne's a walking auto encyclopedia and super cool bloke. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer with you guys after breakfast, sounds like you had a great afternoon!

I think we should have an LEF internationl meet in Las Vegas this year - anyone up for it??????

P

In theory, SO yes!

However, I fear my Esprit has other plans for my disposable income for the rest of this year! lol

* New Lotus Suspension.

* Refurb my Compomotive Split rims and finally get to put them on the car (new tyres too)

* Finish Interior - Conversion from Marcasite to Alcantara (only done the seats so far)

* Larey, obnoxious, ASBO inducing exhaust

* Fit Turbo Boost contoller - along with dyno-ing / rejetting as appropriate

* Rebuild Gearbox by a mate of a mate who has done his and says that with the right bearings it will handle much more power. (SE power being my target)

* Inlet cooling (probably in the lazee boy form of Water injection) in order to enable boost levels >.75bar

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Sounds like you all had a good time and I do like the breakfasts at the Kings Head. Shame I couldn't be there, but I will be coming down to Crystal Cove when I am back in California.

Glad Wayne turned up safe and sound.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Fishy,

You're going about this all the wrong way (the English way) - here's how you do it the American way ....

Take all the money you where going to spend on the Esprit mods and fly to Vegas. Put it all on one spin of the roulette wheel, double your money, party like a mad man for the weekend and then come home and upgrade the Esprit - Brilliant!

:o:P:P

In theory, SO yes!

However, I fear my Esprit has other plans for my disposable income for the rest of this year! lol

* New Lotus Suspension.

* Refurb my Compomotive Split rims and finally get to put them on the car (new tyres too)

* Finish Interior - Conversion from Marcasite to Alcantara (only done the seats so far)

* Larey, obnoxious, ASBO inducing exhaust

* Fit Turbo Boost contoller - along with dyno-ing / rejetting as appropriate

* Rebuild Gearbox by a mate of a mate who has done his and says that with the right bearings it will handle much more power. (SE power being my target)

* Inlet cooling (probably in the lazee boy form of Water injection) in order to enable boost levels >.75bar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the American way was:

Spend what little money you have on an untracable gun from a Pawn shop. Hold up a liquor store and make off with just over a thousand dollars. Place all of said money on that one spin of the roulette wheel. Lose. Go back to your trailer park / project and plan your next heist.

I thought the American way was:

Spend what little money you have on an untracable gun from a Pawn shop. Hold up a liquor store and make off with just over a thousand dollars. Place all of said money on that one spin of the roulette wheel. Lose. Go back to your trailer park / project and plan your next heist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Memories of Texas.

In the absence of big $$ get pissed off and shoot everyone in and around the store, typically five or six people. Then make off with a six pack of cheap beer for your trouble . . .

So that's NOT... Go to school. Execute every evil consequence free bully. Have the staff while you're at it. Turn gun on yourself?

Or.... Go to work for USPS!

Hello Everybody :(

I made it back home (mostly intact), got in at 3.00 this morning and have spent most of today trying to get rid of the travel weary feeling, and adjust to home life again. :(

It was a great trip, got to see alot of America I always wanted to see.

I was very pleased to meet up with the So Cal chapter of the forum Paul(FMXA), and Slade for breakfast at the Kings Head Pub in Santa Monica.

Had a good chat with the lads, and got to give there cars the once over. :(

Unfortunately,the group photo the passerby took was not on my camera when I downloaded the images which has pi55ed me off no end.

Paul left to take delivery of a new bed(old one worn out) :(

So Slade and I toured around in his Esprit and I got to see Slades amazing batchelor pad in the hills(very nice) and hid cool car collection (like the 55 Chevs)

I even got to drive his car (brave man) B)

I am going to post some pictures soon.

i156943823_7817.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

i156602946_16100.jpg

Mojave Desert from I-15

i156738959_39104.jpg

Nevada from I-15

i156983959_67306.jpg

Nebraska from I-80(200 miles of CD skipping washboard surface)

i156766869_9079.jpg

Colorado from I-76(Rocky Mountains in distance)

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Good to see you back safe wayne! :( I was starting to believe you had been ambushed by an Indian raiding party while moving cross country. Not all of them are as peacable as Ghandi you know.

Nebraska... uggh. What a fun place. The most entertaining thing there is a brand of minimarts called "kum n go". And the largest furniture store in the world, but that's not as fun as kum n go.

Rest up for a while, you've earned it.

How about that Alfa? She get there alright?

Shame about the other picture :( At least Paul's and my car won't pale in comparison to the Wayne wagon :( Next time you come down we'll take another, and I'll actually brush my hair and shave! :(

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Wayne!

I can't believe we don't have the picture of the "Wayne-mobile" with the Esprits :( If only you guys could have seen the Buick, she's a real beast! Anyway, glad you had a safe trip, and if I make it to Montreal for the F1 race this year lets get together.

P

Well look what I found on my cell phone! Took a while and lot of bluetooth trouble to get it off the phone, but here you go - my S4s, the "beast of the North" and the Slade Mobile! :( :(

01080612147bi.jpg

Thanks Paul, I forgot you took one as well :(

Did I tell you guys the parking lot people were going to tow my car because it was taking up 3 spaces? :(

Heres a photo i took of the Buick with the Alfa after the detailing crew at Chequered Flag had finished with it. :(

i157226190_50535.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

good to have you back on the forum Wayne, missed you

Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

hell yeah... good one paul! forgot all about that one too.

and our ugly mugs don't even mar the shot :(

slade

And I definitely will make it to more Crystal Coves. Esprit owners need to represent :o

oh yeah, wayne says hi

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read this post a week too late. I had been wanting to meet up with some Esprit owners around here and never got the chance. Sounds like you guys were 10 mins away from my place. Could have brought the S2 out and met up with you guys.

Anyone here wanna try and plan for a meet at Crystal Cove on Sat the 28th? A week from this saturday. Any takers? We should try to get a good Lotus turnout. I mentioned it to some of the Elise guys too.

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

Sorry to have missed you Shah :P

Paul(FMXA) and Slade are great guys , Im sure you would get on great with them.

Also Trevor Knowles lives in that area and he runs an S2 (JPS) :o

I however live 2700 miles away so you probably wont get to see me :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg