Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Re:- LED Rear Lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Re:- LED Rear Lights

Finally got round to fitting them last night. It's amazing how the Lotus ones look so dated next to them.

I need to fit a resistor tonight as indicator is flashing too fast.

I will replace LED centres for bulbs at some point to see what they look like.

It's hard to pictures parts off the car. You can't beat actually seeing a picture on the car.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wayne,

I do have a spare set of round lights but Iam keeping them incase I want to go back to standard. I do have the odd round light in my garage which has a slight crack in centre section. I'll dig them out and see how many I have. I may have another set.

I also have two outer genuine Lotus round lights which I never managed to find the inners spare.

If ou sen me your email, I'll send you pictures.

David Walters

rear picture of Evora with chrome bezals

lotus-evora-3.jpg

I will add a lit up picture later so you get the full effect. All 4 lights light up with side lights. Very nice!

David

Hi Mark,

They are a Hella unit but bespoke mounting brackets made to fit the Lotus unit. All off the shelf stuff wouldn't fit due to the recess height in the panel. Brackets were laser cut out of stainless steel too.

They are assembled as one unit. Not sure what the quad conversion does for fitting etc.

David Walters

Update, just had look on quad conversions website. These are nothing like their lights. There's are the cheap looking ones that you can buy from any major light company or Demon Tweeks or Rally Design. The lights on my car are a new design and a completely different light.

More pictures in evening, what do you think?

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

Edited by superdavelotus

I do like the chrome bezel bits the most!!!

Will they fit the standard ones lol?

Is fitting fairly straight forward with wiring etc for self fitment?

Look nice.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

So I'm guessing fitting should be fairly easy from a DIY point of view then??

It's handy if they come with a loom though as if you want you can put the car back to origianl by bolting the original units back in?? I assume this is the case.

Does the body need any cutting or anything??

Cheers

Alan

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Hi Alan,

It's the same fitting and bolt pattern as the Lotus Elise/Esprit round light, so if you have round lights already then it's a straight swap. It also goes for those doing a round light conversion.

I can change back to my other Lotus lights as and when. Now I've put new plugs on the the loom I can swap and change in minutes.

David Walters

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...