Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
donnington 2010- shared show - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

donnington 2010- shared show

lotusvette

hi all, having been to the donnington show earlier this year, [ i have a 84 turbo ] i was wondering if you guys would let us share the weekend with corvettes, your show works well , great venue , cars bombing around the track etc, hotel etc, we currently have our own weekend nationals, but many of our members would like a refreshing change, this is only a suggestion, obviously lots to discuss, shared costs etc, i dont wish to upset anyone with such a daft idea, but, corvettes are fibreglass, classic ,all years and all v8s, so we have a bit in common, we had some 600 cars this year [ all corvettes] if anyone could put me intouch with the right people ,thats great, if not , we could arrange our own , not to clash with yours , obviously, a mixed marque could be good for both of our causes, its only a idea,what do you think, your thoughts , cheers , 63 corvette

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Personally think it would be great news as the more the better also it would give everybody the chance to get up close and lok round more cars, also the trade stands would take longer to walk round! would be interesting to see some of the mods on the vettes.

Regards danny

A

Ohhhhhhhhhhh corvettes :question:

BIG vette fan right here in this chair - I was about to buy a '77 C3 with side exit exhaust, racing stripes etc but ended up going the Esprit route purely on fuel economy.

I've always thought the best even is where other cars can show up as well (supercar sunday etc) - shared venue, shared interest, shared costs.

Our clubs are sometimes too small to make a go of it alone so wth not imo.

Dont forget backbone chassis, Lotus designed engine (ZR1) - GM owned Lotus at that time.

Pics of the vette if you please :question:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Ohhhhhhhhhhh corvettes :question:

BIG vette fan right here in this chair - I was about to buy a '77 C3 with side exit exhaust, racing stripes etc but ended up going the Esprit route purely on fuel economy.

I've always thought the best even is where other cars can show up as well (supercar sunday etc) - shared venue, shared interest, shared costs.

Our clubs are sometimes too small to make a go of it alone so wth not imo.

Dont forget backbone chassis, Lotus designed engine (ZR1) - GM owned Lotus at that time.

Pics of the vette if you please :question:

hi, not sure how to send pics on here but i could send to your e mail, then you load if you know how to this site for me,, anytime, steve

Have a look here :

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/474-how-to-post-images-and-image-dimension-rules/

My fave is www.flickr.com (my site : http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonhimself )

BTW I only live about 2 miles from Tom Falconer's place, got a few of his books, although I haven't been there in a while, whihc is a good thing becuase I'd probably end up spending more money.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

hi, yeah i forgot ,they are ripping it apart with diggers at the moment ,silverstone was near to our club weekend out, but cost was a problem for a lot of members, will look into that aswell, but it could work the other way round, if you lose donnington due to works etc, it may be poss for you guys to tag with us , just a new flavour to the mix., all for a bit of change, will try to talk with club lotus as they might have done something already for next year , i will put this to a few of our members , ime sure a few have had lotus in there time, and you would all be more than welcome, , leave it with me, your thoughts aswell, cheers, steve

Club Lotus will be having the 'Donington' show at Malvern next year, weekend is the 10th/11th April I think. It's the same location used for 'Stoneleigh' recently.

Good news, might be a bit warmer than Donny. nice location but no track. Maybe they could organize a bit of hill climbing action at either Shelsley or Prescott