Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The 2Eleven Build Number Register - Page 4 - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The 2Eleven Build Number Register

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
So mine is probalby a stolen one : there is nothing inside :lol:

I bought it at the beginning of 2008 in France

Contact Lotus Sport .... they forgot mine on as well -- Nick is going to find out who's in charge of that " finishing" step, I'm sure. :lol: They sent me the placard/plate at a later date. It's attaches with 2-sided tape.

Don't worry Paul, I think Lotus just forgive to fix this plate :lol: They are to many 2-11 in France, a stolen one would be easily spotted ! :lol:

I will send a mail to Nick with my VIN number

Two sided tape, you've got to be kidding me. I think I'll rivet mine. This looks to be another future dilemma for Lotus similar to the 23's where because of inaccurate build records only 131 were built but there are 175 still in existance! In another forty years, maybe we should let the next generation of Lotus 2-Eleven owners worry about the true number of cars built! It's good to know that in today's crazy world, some things never change!

Bill

Hi all,

Just a word to get one of several belgian 211s in your virtual garage.

Mine is #120 , LHD racing green with yellow lips.

Patrick Goblet

Belgium

Hi Patrick,

where are you living in Belgium and is your car street legal ? Do you have belgian number plates or still the uk ones ?

bert (living in Tielt)

Hi Bert,

Yes I am road legal and insured but my street mileage has been limited since i have had the car (one year to the day).Best on the track and trying to stay on it !

Took ages to get it homologated but Thiery V. did a fantastic job and of course there was 5000€ for first time registration.On the whole money well spent ,but those where the days!

Storm titanium is ideal for a 211,never seen one before.

Hope to see you and your car very soon.

Jesus , you must be boiling!!!!

Patrick from brussels

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

at last my car is at the dealer ! So now some things has to be changed like the headlight (LHD) an tacho to km/h. Still waiting for the correct papers from Lotus, apperently we got the wrong ones ...Lotus also forgot to install the detachable steeringwheel :wacko: another wait and job for the dealer. Then its off to the technical control and hope they do a quick job so i can put on legal numberplates ! Can't wait for a first drive...

So now here are the first pics, mind the headlights are still out but I'm very very satisfied with the choices i have made. Now bring on the sun...

Bert

2-11 build 246

post-108-1238248147_thumb.jpg

post-108-1238248165_thumb.jpg

post-108-1238248180_thumb.jpg

see my tread 'cant wait for march'

Yes it is a stupid thing, but the reason is they have to pass the UK SVA. As I suggested allready Lotus should build in a set of headlight (RHD) that they de-mount after the SVA and then mount the correct ones (LHD) They can re-use the RHD for all continental cars that want to ride on the road. the only extra cost is the labour.

I hope Nick Adams is reading this ! for us it is too late but it is a sad thing and they don't mention it on any publication ! You have 'to smell 'this extra cost !

Well i will have a spare set RHD headlight for ebay...

same thing with the tacho wich comes in Mph...

At the moment it is the only thing to complain about and the fact that i'm still waiting the correct papers...

This is the Lotus experience i'm afraid :wacko:

Bert,

very happy but still waiting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...