Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Its at the dealer - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Its at the dealer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

120 miles, you could walk and be there before Saturday still! Phone in sick, go get it! ;)

I wish, we are short staffed just now so no danger of having a sicky. The weather is nice a sunny today and the forcast is for heavy showers tomorrow :P

Here for a good time, not a long time

I was a customer cancel car. It was red, white & blue but I got the factory to paint it and change the decals from blue to black.

I was wanting a Orange one but could not wait.

I am loving the colour and like the fact its a one off.

I thought they would be able to give you a delivery date by now?

Scotty

Been a great few days.

I collected the car from the dealer Saturday afternoon. Murray's is 120 miles from me and drove down with my mum (yes I am 37).

It pi55ed down the whole way down the road wipers on double speed. I started to think I would just do the paperwork and come back down another day and collect it. But I don't have much time as I am off the France (LOT FF trip) next Saturday and then to the ring. So the car need run in. Really weird I have only ever bought 1 car from a dealer and that was a new L200 2 years ago. But the whole experience was great. Graeme at Murray's in Edinburgh has been really good, yes I have given him a lot of money, but it has only been 4 weeks since I called him to say I wanted a car and I was luck enough to get a customer cancelled car, but sorting out the colour change with some of the people at Lotus on holiday and the launch of the Evora etc. He only got the car on Thursday night at 6 and it had to be valeted, full Deffendall kit fitted and also taxed (SVA cars are supposed to take 3 days to get taxed now?)

I turned up at the dealer with approx 8 or so friends from Scottish Elise's looking at my car pride of place in the middle of a very impressive showroom with 15 or so new Lotuses.

Well I could not believe it by the time we did the paperwork went over the car chatted to everyone, the rain had gone off.

First 30 miles was back up the motorway and I had to stop off at a friend of a friend who imports these into the uk. http://www.wileyx.eu/pages/groups.asp?menuGuid=10138 great for the 2-11.

From there I headed along a fast quiet A road, but I was finding confidence (and my ribs) was still shaken after my knock. It's the first time I have really driven a car outside town since. Was great made it all the way home with no rain. Sunday was a wash out but I still took the car out but got caught in 2 heavy showers lucky for me I was parked up both times. Once was at my local supermarket and I had to sit inside for 20 minutes waiting for the rain to stop.

I have used the car to drive to work the last couple of days (it would be rude not to) and last night I drove up to a very good friend of mine (some of you might know Tut) and we went for a run. Nice dry night and my confidence coming back I started to push the car a little. The biggest difference you notice with the 2-11 over the 340rR and the 240 Cup that I owned is the down force. Ok I am still running it in so can't really push it but the cornering feels unreal. I have always had good handling cars. I have a guy close by that sets them up for me. Anyone that has driven my 340r (inc Andy Walsh) commented on how well it drives. But the 2-11 is in another league. The front end feels much lighter then any other elise variant I have ever driven and the turn in is very caterham like compared to a Elise variant (does that make sence?) Its hard to talk about the power when trying to take it easy but you can feel it's a quick car. I really can't wait to get this thing run in and get it on track.

300 miles and still not worn a helmet ;) )

Scotty C

post-71-1218570286_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...