Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
whole 2-11 body blistering ! - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

whole 2-11 body blistering !

simonwg905

I got my launch edition 2-11 at Jan 08.

2 months ago, blisters of varies sizes start to apppear on the lower left side panel where there is the 2-eleven letters are ;)

2 more weeks later................its all over the whole car's varies panels, even the bloody rear spoiler :(

I was so piss off that I drove it to my dealer in hk & simply left it with its key & told them not to return it til all this shit are sorted to my agreenment!!!!

Hey, there are only THREE 2-11 in hk, my friends got the other 2 in track trim & mine is the road version.

There had been so many "check-engine" lights popping up events that we had all lost track of & the dealer in hk & lotus had been trying to right them to different degree of sucess.

Now, after we had been through all these craps................I'm saying "enough is enough".

When we took these 2-11 out of the container when it landed in hk....................they all got their "check engine" lights on................failing all their PDI................ :(

We still take it anyway & give the dealer in hk & lotus sport time to right these things/ bugs.

Now, any official from lotus/ lotus sport...................u know very well what problems we had ran into with these 3 2-11 in hk.

I do not wish to disclose them in here but if u lot don't put u're arse in gear then WE WILL both in the net here & in hk & varies japan & south east asia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask for any more details from me................go & ask u're bloody pal at ur sales dept & those who process those warranty claims from hk dealer :angry:

This ain't our 1st lotus, but there is time when "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Since our 2-11s all fail their PDIs, the dealer in hk will need to refund in FULL , as our 2-11s are UN saleable items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So will u do the same to uk 2-11 owners, huh!!!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with your car and shocked to hear it too. Just to clarify, this is an owners and enthusiasts forum, we're not in any way formally associated with Lotus Cars but have lots of contacts there so help out where we can.

I of course made a call to Lotus Sport to get their take on this situation and spoke to Nick Adams who was both surprised and bemused to hear of your problems, it's news to him. He will get in touch with you himself very soon.

Lotus Sport are always helpful and easy to contact, have you tried to get in touch with them directly or is this all through your dealer? I'm sure that now Lotus are aware of the problems you're having they will do everything they can to help out, don't panic!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hey guys, I wasn't panic just too piss off & fed up that's all

thxs for all the help , bib & Nick ;)

Nick had already pm ed me & I 'll post all the details to him asap.

I had been tried to get all these sorted through the dealer in HK, so that it won't make them look bad to Lotus/Lotus Sports UK.

I have been told that Lotus Sports was informed all the way and Lotus Sports was helping me about it all along ;)

Only now I have been told the truth :blink:

So should I pop down to the dealership's workshop and take some pics of my 2-Eleven's clams and post it to Nick or what?

Those check engine lights were shown as O2 sensor failure but we had tried with a few new sensors and cleared to code but it kept coming back for same code.

The dealer later on said that Lotus Sport's engineers had diagnosed there were a short circuited earth wire coming from the ECU that were causing the problem.

However, later on the code came back then this time the dealer said the ground wire coming out from the O2 sensor was short circuited!?!?

For my friends 2 track version 2-11s, the same happened and their throttles bodies were not working in the same phase as the gas pedals and their launch controls were not working from time to time. This was bothering them during their Lotus races this season :blink:

So we had been putting up with all these since the beginning of our race season as we all are loyal Lotus fans.

However, the dealership had been exhausted with all their resources and they said they had got no more solutions from Lotus Sports and we just had to put up with it until Lotus Sports can come up with a better solutions.

The dealer also said that there were a few similar cases from Japan as well :blink:

They also explained due to it was the 2-11's first year production, these bugs were common :(

These blisters were our least expected and I truely believed any clams off Lotus's production lines can't be as bad as this.

So I toke my chances and make a post here and wished someone could hear my yell and help me out.

I enjoyed my 2-11 very much as well as my previous S2 Exige, but all these hassles had made me mad.

My areo screen had also cracked one of its mounting screw as well & the dealer had replied that lotus was out of stock!?!?

We had our oem wind mirriors flipped back during races for months and we had tried to order the latest version for months but the dealer said the same about it.

We had also tried to order the higher areo screen and they said the same too.

Our rear wheel liners had kept falling off, for no reason and the dealer just said it was a design fault from Lotus Sports.

And there were no shower covers came with our cars, and we had been trying to order it and they said the same again.

So basically anything related to 2-11 that we wanted to order either they were out of stock at UK or they didn't even know about it :(

What more can I say?

B&C had more latest spare parts than we can ever dream of ordering through our dealership here.

The dealership was very unhappy about our 2-11s as they believed Lotus Sports had not finished their jobs and they had to keep on following it up thousand of miles away :angry:

For my blistering clams, the dealer said they had put through their claim form to Lotus UK along with pics and were waiting for the reply from UK for a long time.

That's about all the troubles that I can remember for now.

P.S. one of the track version had it oil-cooler leaking from the connector after it was delivered to the owner. He was lucky that he checked the whole car with its clam off before he shipped it to the track for the race season or he might end up crashing it into the barriers.

Edited by simonwg905

• 3 months later...

Body Blistering?

My 2-11, too.

When I bought it 2008/Mar, There are no authorized dealer in KOREA.

Lotussports pass this problems to european dealer....... :D

And Dealer in europe, Reject solving this problems. :D

I should repaint whole body to much expenses in 10km total mileage :)

I have 340r,2-11,elise S2,Exige S British GT,04 Esprit V8, anf even 7

But LOTUS does not care me. indifferent to me, even never mind. hahahah

1024_img_4304.jpg

1024_IMG_2977.JPG

1024_IMG_2978.JPG

1024_IMG_2981.JPG

1024_IMG_2982.JPG

Edited by at-motorlife

Hey, mine is worst then urs in 100 times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My was blistering all over the whole clams , even the rear spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about repainting these deffective clams.....................it won't work very well & u'll add extra weight & these Hi-tec extra thin clams are almost impossible to rework on once they developed these blisters.

So u should wait for lotus sport's response.............................my new clams had arrived in hk almost 2 months ago.

They came unpaint from lotus, so I had taken this chance to change my launch edition colour scheme into my exige S2's chrome orange.

My 2-11 is ready for pick up today......................will pick it up in the coming weekends, will post pics then :D

Lotus sport, Nick & people from lotus had been helpful through the whole thing.

They had helped to solve this trouble for me.

THX for the above people & Bibs for all the help.

So, relax Lotus & Nick should be able to help u out as they do take us 2-11 owners as very special bunch of lotus lovers!

Dear simonwq905..

My 2-eleven is spreading blistering to whole body...

I have received kind helpful mail from lotussports Nick...:-)

I am looking forword to positive answer for correcting this problems.

Thanks.

Dear LOTUSsports and Nick. and LOTUSManis.............

I have received kind email from Nick.

So I can solve the misunderstandings between LOTUS and Me.

I felt LOTUSsports(Nick) will do everything he can to help me get this resolved.

My misinderstanding was arised form my no idea in fact that there are lotuscar and lotussports separately.

Anyway I will correct and edit sentence expressed above posting.

""I have 340r,2-11,elise S2,Exige S British GT,04 Esprit V8, anf even 7

But LOTUS does not care me. indifferent to me, even never mind. hahahah""

------->I will correct to.....

""I have 340r,2-11,elise S2,Exige S British GT,04 Esprit V8, anf even 7

I have self respect, pride to LOTUS, but I much disapointed from LOTUS from this situations.

And I felt that LOTUS betrayed my confidence for LOTUS.

But I think that it is problems of emotional aspects not those of fact.

At least above my expression is my objective thought . whilst LOTUS did not think of it. But I felt that....

To me, I Think LOTUS injured my LOTUSLOVING mind.

Now..

I have no more feeling of regretting or displeasing from LOTUS.

I was, am, and will be LOTUS mania forever.

:D

• 1 month later...

:( Dear Nick, Bibs, simonwq905 and all lotusMANIA

Thank you all everybody who loves LOTUS.

I heard from NICK that LOTUS sports decided free changes for my blisteted 2-eleven boby. (Affected Rear and Right side Panel)

--------------

We will send you, free of charge, a replacement rear bumper panel and right hand bodyside for your car. These will be complete with all internal brackets and grilles, but they will not be painted. We will also supply, free of charge, a set of decals to match those on the affected panels on your car. You will have to arrange to get the replacement panels painted locally (we will also send you the paint colour codes

-----------------------

Nick played a role to warranty department with Taddeo (asia part) to my reguest.

Frankly speaking, I did not wish free and had almost given up for A/S from LOTUS. :-(Because When I order 2-eleven, there are no authorized dealer in KOREA.

After receiving panels, I will post.

Great Thanks,,

JKDENTAL in KOREA.

post-299-1233365526_thumb.jpg

post-299-1233365873_thumb.jpg

post-299-1233366046_thumb.jpg

Edited by at-motorlife

• 8 months later...

I'm pleased it's all sorted out, happy days smile.gif

Have you ordered an Evora already?!

Thank you Bibs.

Due to OBD II [ No allowance e-OBD in KOREA :-( ]

I can not receive EVORA yet.

Now I heard that USA version (OBD II)would be availavle soon.

So I expect to get New Collection of Orange Evora for my gallery :-).

Regards

JKDENTAL from KOREA.

PS.

I bought Elise S1 several months ago.

post-299-125627320439_thumb.jpg

And I would like to buy Exige S1.

do you have recommended car?

http://www.exiges.com/ubbz/ubbz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=120514#Post120514

I am very interested with this car,

But some problems in photo.

Is it normal?post-299-125627294525_thumb.jpg

post-299-125627280884_thumb.jpg

hey bibs -

well done in the name of Lotus .They should give you a free runner to drive around for all the pr work you do for them.

also well done lotus for looking after the guy.if you guys want to know what is causing the problem give me a call-

richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !