Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fun with Walshy last night - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fun with Walshy last night

Had some one to one tuition with Mr Walsh last night at North Weald - nasty man made me turn the traction control right off, not just down!!

The weather was on my side - short sharp showers which meant that everytime I came round the high speed bend the conditions were slightly different. Lots of lift off oversteer resulting in some spinning to start with, and then some fishtailing as I got a bit quicker catching it. Great fun, but also with a serious intent behind it. Better to get it all out of shape with him in my passenger seat and nothing to hit, than coming round a bend with a tyre wall looming.

I'm a big fan of Walshy - did a few days with him when I first bought my Elise, but didn't bother when I got the 2-11 - my mistake. A big moment coming through the bombhole at Snetterton last week brought me back to my senses, and reminded me that tuition is an investment in my no claims bonus.

I'd recommend him to anyone who needs to explore the limit of their new car in a safe environment.

See www.carlimits.com :rolleyes:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ding to that!

I did a couple of days with Walshy when I first got the 2-11. Was great fun and highly beneficial, even if it did almost trash a set of tyres!

I plan to do another couple of days with him at the start of next year - although I will leave the Walshy nights to you Jo :rolleyes:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Thursday 23rd October we drive down.

Friday 24th Walshy day. I am not sure what the plan is. It might be a 4 person day or it might turn into a activity day as there are a few of us on a mini tour, but not all of them want to do the Walshy day. Crossing to France (this will be a nightmare as its Friday rush hour?)

Saturday 25th - Folembray, Northern France,

Sunday 26th - Abbeville, Northern East France, followed by ferry back to Englandshire

Monday 27th - Snetterton, Englandshire (well Norfolk)

Tuesday 28th- Oulton Park, Englandshire

Jo not sure if you have any of these dates booked with LOT. Think there is 10 of us total coming down from Scotland. Still to conform hotels. Are you sure you want to come out for a beer???

Then the 2-11 will be getting a well rested.

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

That's a bugger - I've had to put that whole weekend to one side car wise as I have a pal coming over from Australia and staying with me for the duration. I was pencilled in for Snet on the Monday and was hoping for Folembray too, but it wasn't to be :D

Sound like it will be a great trip - as Martin Donnelly always says - "drive fast, and don't crash".

Enjoy :rolleyes: