Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2Eleven GT4 Supersport - Page 2 - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2Eleven GT4 Supersport

Bibs

Slicks with no oiling system mods like a dry sump????

Dan

not sure, but this car had a few mods. Not sure if you can see in the photo above. This car has no oil coolers in the front, not sure where they are but if they are in the back I am sure it will save weight, less pipes etc

Just something I spotted, when I was at the 60th.

Here for a good time, not a long time

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure, but this car had a few mods. Not sure if you can see in the photo above. This car has no oil coolers in the front, not sure where they are but if they are in the back I am sure it will save weight, less pipes etc

Just something I spotted, when I was at the 60th.

You're spot on....from the spec sheet..... Laminova oil/water heat exchanger.

Also noticed that Lotus Sport added some "oil catch cans"....a must on forced induction cars. Did the same to my Cup and 2Eleven. It was a relatively easy job on the Cup car but a bit more complicated on the 2Eleven.

Also noted that they added oil csatchLaminova oil/water heat exchanger

Laminova oil/water heat exchanger

Jack where did you get that rather smart cam cover from?

Paul

It started off life as a Reverie carbon fibre spark plug cover which had some stickers added and then it was painted with some clear-coat. :D

Jack,

Can you elaborate on the oil catch cans?

Al B.

Hi Al,

The relatively short answer to the question...why we need catch cans? -- Taken from a LT post: "All engines experience some degree of blowby which results in some nasty gases in the crankcase, forced induction causes an increase in these gases. In a typical setting, these are run through a PCV system (one-way to prevent higher intake pressures from going back into the crankcase) into the intake stream. Some oil is invariably carried through the system and gets on/in everything as it's typically routed back to the intake source just downstream of air filtration. In a car running an intercooler, the intercooler commonly collects this oil."

Once the I/C gets coated with oil, it reduces its efficiency. Also, the oil vapors routed into the intake system can have the effect of causing detonation by effectively reducing the octane rating of the gas or so I've been told.

I've added catch cans to my Cup car and they have kept the I/C and related hardware (s/c, throttle body, etc) clean of oil. I was quite intrigued when I read that the factory has done the same to their GT4 car and even mentions it in the Spec sheet that Bib's posted at the start of this thread. This is usually an after-market type of mod.

Here's a link to a thread on LT discussing (ad nauseum :) )the oil catch can topic and a source for a particular brand that has worked well in several Lotus' applications.... http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/oil-ca...tes-less-46756/

As for the location of the catch cans on the 2Eleven, it appears that the factory installs them at the rear of the car secured to the left side rear wing support (see photo below). I recently saw Parick's car at one of our LCS track events and the factory put oil catch cans on his car and that was the location. It will make it somewhat of a pain to drain them (which is needed periodically) as you need to remove the left rear wheel and wheel liner to get them (obviously, this was true for the install as well).

Hope this makes sense and isn't too much of an elaboration. :D

Bibs,

Ask that the adaptable "bits and pieces" be posted to the Lotus Sport webpage with a part number listed so that dealers can access that information for us. Thanks.

Bill

PS Thanks for the 2-Eleven Forum graphics. Consider them properly and proudly displayed!

Silverstone037.jpg

On the lower rollcage arm, just to the left of the 'Recaro', there we are* :D

*Product placement is such that drivers recently overtaken and lapped by the GT4 can see where to enquire about such a fast 'n mean mota!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 month later...

2-Eleven takes on Dubai 24 hour

The Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 Supersport made a strong endurance debut at the Dubai International 24 hour race last weekend.

Malaysian based Empire Motorsports ran the 2-Eleven GT4, with regular drivers Denis Lian and James Mitchell joined for this race by Torro Rosso F1 test driver Karun Chandhok. The majority of the mechanics in the up and coming Malaysian team are students studying automotive technology at The Otomotif College (TOC). The race team is part of Empire Motorsports

2_Eleven_GT4___Dubai_24.pdf

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.