Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
211 versus XBow - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

211 versus XBow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Talking of the 2Eleven vs XBow... I was at Brands Hatch on Friday and Scotty was literally running circles around the XBow! The same one was there today racing (in a very boring 7 car grid!) and it got lapped by a radical within 5 laps of a 15 minute race, not good for KTM!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Talking of the 2Eleven vs XBow... I was at Brands Hatch on Friday and Scotty was literally running circles around the XBow! The same one was there today racing (in a very boring 7 car grid!) and it got lapped by a radical within 5 laps of a 15 minute race, not good for KTM!

Bibs you forgot to say he was a local, had the full aero pack, on slicks and I was 2 up :lol:

I have heard he got a very good deal from KTM and they are even paying for his racing this year.

Was a good day, loved brands, great track roll on May. :lol:

Here for a good time, not a long time

Hi All, well done Scotty, sounds like you put him into context fairly effectively. Looking at the race results from MST on their site he was running 51 second laps of the Indy which is pretty poor for a car on slicks. My little 180 PS 1600cc road legal race Elan used to run 58 second laps on 185 section Yoko A032's and discs which doubled up as drinks coasters. Will someone please get out there and race their 2-Eleven against a X-Bow for real?? :lol:

Nick

Pick me.

Its now coming into the "off season" in NZ..daylight saving finishes next week :lol:

Maybe I should consider getting my 2-11 back to the UK for some local fun there. You can read into this that Im sick of being beaten by Junos and Radicals.

Well guys, I must be the only person who actually likes the x-bow. I guess it must be the architect in me. Anyway, I did test drive the x-box at Silverstone some time back & would have bought one if prices were the same as a 2-11. For a minimal outlay you can vastly increase the power of the Audi engine & drop & improve the suspension no end.

I did buy a 2-11, but the x-bow is a fabulous, but expensive car. It is beautifully built, way better than a 2-11, and to my eye at least is more cutting edge. As for on track abilities, I guess it would be mostly down to the driver...

Well guys, I must be the only person who actually likes the x-bow. I guess it must be the architect in me. Anyway, I did test drive the x-box at Silverstone some time back & would have bought one if prices were the same as a 2-11. For a minimal outlay you can vastly increase the power of the Audi engine & drop & improve the suspension no end.

I did buy a 2-11, but the x-bow is a fabulous, but expensive car. It is beautifully built, way better than a 2-11, and to my eye at least is more cutting edge. As for on track abilities, I guess it would be mostly down to the driver...

Sounds like you won't be keeping your 2-11 long ! Of course a driver is only as good as the car he has to pilot too.

Paul

Sounds like you won't be keeping your 2-11 long ! Of course a driver is only as good as the car he has to pilot too.

Paul

That's probably true; I have 10 cars at the moment. I don't usually keep my road going main car for more than 7-9 months. But I was hoping to keep my 2-eleven for at least two summers. I've just given the go ahead to get my Orange Vauxhall VX220 (Yes, I know it looks like an old chamfered brick, but, I love it as much as my 2-11, No bull! & it's more of a challenge to drive, more involving & sounds better too...!) It will be upgraded from its current 250hp to around 380+ with a new Harrop S/C and will be stripped to around 730kg.

Also, my 2ubular 3" system for my 2-11 is arrives next week with a full Pro alloy charge cooler system + Sinclaire remap to follow shortly. My excuse.....You only live once! As for the X-bow, I don't think it's that expensive, but it was too much an unknown for me at the time.

Max

Any one interested in a Xbow should take a look at mine, its the now in the spec that the car deserves.

Ran at Brands test last weekend, and without too much setup time was running low 52s on Toyo R888s

However now decided to sell it and bought a 211.

Reason being the limited opportunities to race it here in UK, I had originally hoped they would sell enough cars to get a one make championship going eventually, but its classed as an open wheel car like a Caterham, so very limited .

Anyway hope to have the new 211 out at Brands for the A1GP weekend.

The KTM has just gone onto pistonheads: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/949021.htm