Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
shower cap for open trailer? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

shower cap for open trailer?

Hi guys,

one question bothers me, maybe you can help me ..

I'm very intersted in buying a road-going 2-11 here in Switzerland but I'm not very tempted by the idea of a closed trailer.

Well .. will the factory shower cap stay on the car on a open trailer at motorway-speed? I don't think so ..

How do you protect your car on an open trailer on the move against rain?

Edited by Rubas

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo what Jo said - I have had mine get wet a number of times. Apart from the chore of drying the seats out (I don't like sitting in a puddle) and getting the water out of the footwells (sponge is useful here), it is fine.

If you have the road seats (rather than the race seat), it is worth regularly applying some good leather treatment to them to provide a degree of weather (and grime) protection - this especially helps getting the dead insects off the passenger seat!

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

I found that a couple of 30 gallon trash bags work well to cover the seats. The passenger seat, being a bit smaller on the track version cars, fits completely and easily in one bag. The drivers seat takes a bit of wrestling with, but it to can be completely covered.

I use the bags when washing the car after a day at the track.

Al

Hi guys,

one question bothers me, maybe you can help me ..

I'm very intersted in buying a road-going 2-11 here in Switzerland but I'm not very tempted by the idea of a closed trailer.

Well .. will the factory shower cap stay on the car on a open trailer at motorway-speed? I don't think so ..

How do you protect your car on an open trailer on the move against rain?

Hi Rubas, if your buying the road going version why do you need a trailer ? because if you buy the track only, the price diff will pay for the trailer (104'000 CHF vss 91'000 CHF) by the way do you have a delivery date for a road going version ?

Google Translate :D

@ cncreffield

Short answer: because I want to use it on the road and not have to tow it every meter. But I want / have to sometimes use a trailer ..

Long answer:

Hoi

which I've also been considered, but I simply wish to remain flexible - it makes no sense for so few hours in the car CoR only to be completely loaded. Another advantage is of course the coverage, which works with street admission is possible.

Very important: If I decide now would be 100k or 90k for a car without road approval to invest, then gets to 2-11 but still very different competition .. I would rather be in the direction of the vehicle based formula.

Approval? Currently there is none. At the Auto Z

Just back from biz trip, lucky their was a translation, cos meine deutsch is nicht so gut :D anyway seems the last paper with stamp arrived yesterday... will have more news monday, and hopefully a delivery date after waiting since jan 2008....At last precious arrives :P