Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
260 Upgrade now available. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

260 Upgrade now available.

Bibs

260 upgrade

This new "260" calibration offers a small power increase over that used on the original 255PS, but more importantly it offers improved throttle response and driveability which exaggerate the cars already phenomenal performance . Lotus Sport have now developed a revised calibration for the earlier MY'07 2-Elevens so that owners of existing cars can have their ECU's reflashed to deliver the same driving characteristics as the latest models without having to go to the expense of replacement ECU's and instrument packs.

Although it sounds like a relatively small power increase on paper, we are convinced there is a significant improvement to the car.

As we want to get this out into the marketplace quickly, we are offering this to 2-Eleven forum members for a reduced price of

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a guess I would think that it can be done by your dealers technicians who will have been trained in the procedure and being a Lotus upgrade I would also assume that your warranty remains intact. Once again, I hope to confirm tomorrow :D

Oliver, if your car is a 09 spec car with the revised dash then yes, it will have the 260PS ECU. If it's an 07 or 08 spec car, you will need the upgrade.

With regards to having the upgrade done, all ECU's will be sent back to the factory for the work to be done. Your dealer can remove the ECU and refit but ultimately it will need to visit Hethel for the upgrade. Being a factory upgrade it won't affect your warranty.

Hope this helps, any more questions please let me know and I'll do what I can to get answers for you :D

Spoke to Adrian,

You need to mail the ECU to Lotus Sport for the reflash and they will mail it back.Can't be done by the dealer.

Question I am sure Del has the answer to, how easy is to to remove/replace the ecu?

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

• 2 weeks later...
Spoke to Adrian,

You need to mail the ECU to Lotus Sport for the reflash and they will mail it back.Can't be done by the dealer.

Question I am sure Del has the answer to, how easy is to to remove/replace the ecu?

Paul

Just had a play - its quite easy (would be "very" easy if it wasn't for the mounting of the battery cutoff).

2 wiring harness clips - just unlcip and remove.

2 screws for the battery cutoff socket.

4 screws for the ecu (the bolts are captive and you can see then behind the pax seat)

10 mins max.

My car is an 08. Would this have been done prior to shipping? I am not sure of the build date, but it was delivered at the end of October. Have to say that the cars driveability as it stands is pretty darn smooth. Might be a case of the operator needing the reflash more than the ECU. :D

Al B.

I emailed Adrian with regards to a reflash for a U.S. spec car and recieved the following reply, should any other stateside owners be considering this mod.

HI THERE

I am Adrian kent and yes you have reached the correct person

I

• 3 weeks later...