Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can't wait for march.... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Can't wait for march....

That's when my 2-11 will be delivered :angry: Ah yes , it took me a while but after the testdrive I got from Frank and Scott in Folombray (thanks again !) I could not longer resist :angry: ,

So it will be in the following specs

-2-eleven in Storm titanium :P

-255 PS pack , well the 260PS in fact for 2009

-stage 1 silencer

-UK SVA

-FVH drilled and grooved brakes

-Sport Pack with black wheels (forged double twin spoke wheels)

-leather trim (black and red)

-Momo steering wheel

It can't be march quick enough !

Oh and good to know for people in the continent who want to drive on the road :

The UK SVA kit includes a Mph dial not a km/h and the head lights are for RHD cars, so aiming at the wrong side of the road. It is an extra cost for us to have it changed at the dealer! It's a bit silly that Lotus isn't offering the dealers a trade in set of tacho and headlight. Now they argue that the assembled parts can't be used again as 'new' parts... :(

That is true of coarse, but when they know that the car is going to the continent they could go with a britisch set to the SVA and afterwards assemble a new set of parts for the continent. They could use the britisch parts over and over again. Lotus this is just a hint you know! :D

Apart from that I'm very happy with my decision and specs choices. Upgrading from ca 130 to 260 PS will be 'interesting'. I'll take my to time to get used to that power :o

Can someone recommend me a good helmet and intercom ?

Kind regards

Bert

Edited by lotusbert

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on the order.

I use an Arai GP5 helmet (like a lot of F1 drivers) as it doesn't try to rip your head off above 70mph (sorry 115kph) like some helmets do (especially Bell). The helmet comes with optional stick-on aero elements which are very useful in improving the air flow. Replacing the top extractors at the back of the helmet with the "wing" greatly increases air flow through the helmet, which is useful in wet and hot conditions, as well as reducing lift on the helmet at speed.

post-22-1228820400_thumb.jpg

I use the Stilo WRC03 intercom, which mounts usefully on the cross strut just behind the seats (above battery compartment), although you may prefer a wireless (bluetooth) solution. I also use a switched 4-way 12v extension socket, which enables me to turn things on and off from the driver's seat (e.g. intercom, video recorder, data logger, tyre temp/pressure sensors) without having to unplug anything. The glowing blue leds also remind me when they are turned on so that I don't leave them on and flatten the battery.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Well done on the order.

I use an Arai GP5 helmet (like a lot of F1 drivers) as it doesn't try to rip your head off above 70mph (sorry 115kph) like some helmets do (especially Bell). The helmet comes with optional stick-on aero elements which are very useful in improving the air flow. Replacing the top extractors at the back of the helmet with the "wing" greatly increases air flow through the helmet, which is useful in wet and hot conditions, as well as reducing lift on the helmet at speed.

I use the Stilo WRC03 intercom, which mounts usefully on the cross strut just behind the seats (above battery compartment), although you may prefer a wireless (bluetooth) solution. I also use a switched 4-way 12v extension socket, which enables me to turn things on and off from the driver's seat (e.g. intercom, video recorder, data logger, tyre temp/pressure sensors) without having to unplug anything. The glowing blue leds also remind me when they are turned on so that I don't leave them on and flatten the battery.

Is the fuzzy lip protector extra or does it come with the helmet :D

Scotty,

if you come over to belgium if buy you one of these : best after driving :D

Bert

Thanks Dell, was already looking at the Arai. Is it easy to install the intercom ? Are there possibilitis to branceh a GPS or Ipod to it ?

Yes i know it will be loud, but driving on motorways for two hours to a circuit at legal speed can be less boring with a little stripe of music...

Bert

post-108-1228840954_thumb.gif

Lotusbert

The WRC03 comes in a couple of versions - if you get the one with "camera output" this has a standard audio phono connection which allows you to record intercom audio and also to input any other audio to the intercom (such as sat nav, MP3 player, radio). Will need some attenuation for any inputs and if you make this variable, you will be able to adjust the relative volume of the additional inputs. Similarly if want to record the intercom audio on a video recorder, you will need a pre-amp to boost the intercom output levels to a suitable level for the recorder.

Fitting the intercom to the Arai is a piece of cake - the helmet liner has cut-outs for the two earpieces and the microphone fits snuggly into the front of the helmet. The standard Peltor helmet insert comes with self-adhesive velcro pads for the microphone and earpieces. The cables can be tucked neatly into the base of the helmet liner. The headset comes with a metal tab and would recommend that you screw this to the helmet (prevents the wires being pulled out of the helmet when you leap from the car without disconnecting your intercom lead). If you don't fancy drilling a small hole in the rear lip of the helmet, it can be fixed into the foam lining with some suitable adhesive.

Edited by DEL211
Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• 2 months later...

Just phoned my dealer : car is produced and of the line. Its waiting for its SVA control. Dealer told me as soon as possible but could not say a fixed date :P

Maybe some one on here could tell some more ? Mr Adams ?? :lol: (Storm titanium, LHD, SVA, no stripes, for belgium)

Bert

post-303-1236195773_thumb.jpg

Lets see if I learned how to post pics.? This ones for you - Bert.

Ha I got it. Looking forward to a pic. of your titanium without the stripes. I think it will be stunning.

Edited by 1418

Bought me two of these GIVI X01 helmets. They have interchangeble chin pieces and you can even make a jet helmet of them. they also have big aero cut outs, i will need these as i heat up quite quickly, i'm a hot type you could say :lol:

The colour suit svery well with storm titanium as well !

Bert

post-108-1236271939_thumb.jpg

Edited by lotusbert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...