Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A (too) cheap 2-11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A (too) cheap 2-11

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/844720.htm

Sounds like too good to be true.

Firstly, I reckon you will have to pay the VAT in the country you export the car, unless exiting it from th EU.

Secondly, it might be quite hard to have it road legal in most continental countries (unfortunately far more cautious in car regulations).

Thirdly, if someone can prove me I'm wrong in points 1 & 2 than my S1 Elise is ON SALE!

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's a dealer so it must be true.

Interesting point of view. In this country I would say there's only one category I would trust less than a Car Dealer. A Real Estate Dealer.

Anyway, even an entry level 2-11 (200 bhp) for 10 grand less than usual price sounds too good to be true.

Ciao

Andrew

Andrew, firstly it's not an individual car on sale but the price of a basic car you order to your own specification and it is also at an official Lotus Dealership. Secondly, it's not the bargain that you think.

The price is for a basic n/a car plus taxes/VAT which add another

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on guys,

it says a Lotus for 21something, not a 2eleven. This is posted the same way in the Elise and Exige section.

It does not mean, that u can order a 211 for 21something, but a standard Elise S.

If the price would be 21seomthing for the 211, i would already have ordered 100 211s. Sorry, i am not a native speaker, but i wonder why u did not see what the problem with the advertise is. :blink:

regards

from germany

Gilles