iaeleven

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

Elsewhwere in the forum is a link to the new 2009 Lotus Sport catalog which has all of the part numbers for various "bling" and functional items as well. The problem with the tonneau is that first it was to be carbon fibre now I understand it to be GRP or fibreglass. The next issue is all of the paint colors and striping to match individual cars. The guys in Europe and the UK in particular have access to Lotus Sport direct. Unfortunately we "colonists" have no such luck and have to deal with our local dealer and Lotus USA. In most cases, dealers aren't active enough to care and Lotus USA sees no interest that warrants stocking such items. Nick Adams was recently questioned about availability and pricing for these type products. His response was low volume and obvious liability issues for a manufacturer that made availability a real challenge for a low volume manufacturer like Lotus. Several of us brought up pre-production sales to warrant manufacturing and hopefully more competitive pricing. Nick and Lotus are hopefully considering this. Such announcements would come through this forum and/or by e-mail directly to all Lotus 2-Eleven owners. Don't hold your breath! If you are successful in ordering one, tell them Luken wants one too!

Bill

Matt,

The part no. I gave you is for the left hand drive cars and will fit without modification with the standard roll cage. It is made from GRP and comes unpainted. When I bought one last year the cost was approximately GBP 1500 plus VAT which I guess you wouldn't have to pay.

Cheers

Paul

In most cases, dealers aren't active enough to care and Lotus USA sees no interest that warrants stocking such items.

Bill - I can either personally buy parts from a UK dealer and send them to you or put you in touch with a UK dealer yourself which would help you I'd have thought. Please let me know if this is of interest. :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi All, we are working with LCU on resolving the situation with parts availability in the States, I hope to have something for you before too much longer!

Bill is a little mistaken, the rigid tonneau always was to be available in both glass fibre (GRP, same thing) and Carbon Fibre and remains so. I suspect the confusion comes because we do not quote a fixed price for the carbon part as the cost is very greatly influenced by the finish required. Price for this part is on application so we can have a chat with you and find out exactly what you want.

Hope this helps, Nick

Bibs,

Thanks for the offer. I'd rather first work through Arnie Johnson here at LCU (support that Lotus desperately needs in the States) and my dealer (who in this economy also desperately needs all the help he can get) as both are also good friends of mine. It also seems that Nick is working diligently to make this transaction much easier. I'll however, keep your offer in mind.

Bill

PS Thanks, Nick. Now that you are an official contributing member of this forum, either Lotus Cars or your work on the 23 restoration is suffering! No need to respond. :lol: