Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
rac monolite wheels - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

rac monolite wheels

alatif

Does anyone know of a distibutor for rac monolites in the UK. Im looking for the RS110 or stellacorse ( which i personally prefer ) which as far as i can tell are one of the very few forged wheels that are suitable for 211's

Thx Amer

Edited by alatif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a distibutor for rac monolites in the UK. Im looking for the RS110 or stellacorse ( which i personally prefer ) which as far as i can tell are one of the very few forged wheels that are suitable for 211's

Thx Amer

Both are made in Japan -- I believe Champion Motorsports in the USA is the exclusive world-wide distributor (with Sector 111 being the exclusive retailer) of both styles of wheels.

Love the RAC's ..... very light, strong and look great on the 2Eleven. :lol:

Edited by Jack

Was at the Lotus Sport Open Day at Hethel on Saturday, Lotus Sport are just about to release a new lightweight set of wheels that are approximately 1kg per corner lighter than their current lightest. The beauty is that you can customise the wheel to any colour combo you like.

Prices to be announced by will be around the price of the current Sport 5 spoke wheel ( Not sure, but would assume any colour other than black will cost more).

Paul

Evening All,

Russ at Lotus Sport kindly sent me some images of the new wheel as I was unable to attend on Sat. There is some light machining to be done so this is not exactly the wheel, however it will only be very slightly changed. As with the 211 the wheel can be had in any number of colour combinations to match the cars & in a variety of finishes i.e matt, gloss etc. new_wheel_002.jpg

new_wheel_001.jpg

I particularly like the decal. If anyone wants more info then ring Russ on 01953608507

Regards Amer

Yep, these are the new wheels we have been playing with. The finished items will be even lighter with additional machining in the hub region to get more weight out, they are the lightest (icon12.gif) wheels we have ever offered for the Elise/Exige/2-Eleven and don't forget these are the wider front to suit slicks as well as road tyres. We have some testing to complete and some FEA work to prove out the strength before we release them for sale, but if you like them let Russel know as it will help us with the batch sizes.

Nick

Edited by Nick Adams

• 4 months later...

Fronts (7") are: 5.65kgs

Rears (8") are : 7.75kgs

Lightest wheels before these were the 'Eco' wheel (as fitted to MY09 Cup cars) were F: 5.9 and R: 7.9 so you can see the saving even on those :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

How heavy are the forged 7-twin-spoke wheels ?

The Lotus "LSS" 7-twin-spoke, forged wheels weigh in at: Front: 6.06 kgs (6.5x16"); Rear: 7.32 kgs (7.5 x17") ... these are a 1/2" narrower than the new Lotus wheels, which are 7" and 8" wide, front and rear, respectively.

RACs are 5.22 kgs and 6.09 kgs (7" and 8" wide)

Edited by Jack