IGNORED

Forum speed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ads are hosted on the same server as the forum so there won't be an issue with them delaying the site loading. Most of the ads are 'pro bono' too as favours, I'm not retiring yet!

I'll log a support call with the hosting company so they can review the logs and if it's slowed down for them I'll ask them to upgrade the server or move us to a faster one :lol:

In the meantime, I've turned the debug information on so now at the bottom right of the page you'll see some info which may help us.

0.0418 sec -- 11 queries GZIP Enabled

Time is now: 16th March 2009 - 09:08 PM

The important one is the first one which is the page generation time, the time it's taken for the request to put together a web page and shoot it back to your browser. This is the last information added to the page so should be accurate and you can see that currently things should be running smoothly as it's a nice quick result. If you see any different, please post below as it will help with the support ticket.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I did log the support ticket and the hosts said that although it's running just fine (they would say that, wouldn't they!) they've reset some services which should have speed things up and I'm happy it seems to have done.

Please do let me know if it slows down again, I'm happy to nudge the hosting company to make sure we're getting a good and fast service from them.

Well - the response is not much better today as percieved by the user

post-22-1237303447_thumb.jpg

This page took 8 minutes and 53 seconds to load

post-22-1237303474_thumb.jpg

and this one took 7 minutes and 22 seconds to load

Before you say it - it is not my ISP provider as other web pages (e.g. SELOC) load within 5 seconds. Hope this information is useful.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

LOL - I must get you to explain the concept of "spare cash" one day. I reckon to transfer all my spare funds out of the country would take approximately 0.0000000000000 seconds because I have none.

I have had my bank account cleared out this month by a combination of work on the car at B&C (not a complaint about the price guys) and the insurance shysters. At least the car is all clean and shiny again now - how soon does the rape seed start flowering?

D

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

How come your browser didn't time out, waiting almost 9 minutes for a page to load would do that for me?!

I've asked the hosting company again to fix it. To be honest, the only thing to do is move to a dedicated server and at around