Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
homologation problems - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

homologation problems

for what its worth : heard a rumour today of a 2-11 195 HP where they had major problems to get it homologated in Belgium. As the rumour goes Lotus has upgraded the car to the 255 HP for FREE and gave 10000 euro on top for all the trouble and wait :wacko::wub: , as the compressed car poses no problem, apparently. Can't really believe it as i don't see why a compressor car should not pose a problem and an n/a is...Very strange story but my source heard it from the dealer himself.

Was wondering if any of you picked up this story as well or is even involved in it...

My car (260 HP) is waiting for its technical control but i bought it at another dealer.... You see my interest ? don't really know if this homologation and technical control are the same, but i think so cause of the SVA

Bert

Edited by lotusbert

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, when you do the homologation in France (and it must be the same in Belgium), you compare the car to another car which as an european certification. So you compare the 2-11 SC to an Exige cup = OK because same chassis, same motor, same brakes, suspension ....

But the 211 without SC is really different of the Exige 192

In fact, when you do the homologation in France (and it must be the same in Belgium), you compare the car to another car which as an european certification. So you compare the 2-11 SC to an Exige cup = OK because same chassis, same motor, same brakes, suspension ....

But the 211 without SC is really different of the Exige 192

Not strictly true as the 2-11 chassis is based on MK1 Exige and not the current cars.

Paul

• 5 months later...

Well done !!! A year seems to be the basic unit for homologation (thats what it took in switzerland for my first one) did they make you change anything ? Also some 2-11 where on the road since about 8 months, how were they doing it ? exige/elise carte grise like the one "homologated" elise 190 ?

All the others 2-11 run with english papers, it's not really allowed ...

I only change the side mirrors but had a lot of documents from Nick Adams whitch help me

PS : my exhaust is really not nosy, it's not a stage 1

She's fine but still in your country :)

The engine alone (outside of the car) so without the charge cooler give 377 HP cool.gif so it should be at 390 HP in the car ...

MSC test the car on track the 28th this month

As you're used to say : wait and see !