Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rolling Road day in Milton Keynes - Page 5 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rolling Road day in Milton Keynes

jase7678

Vehicle :s3 turbo

Year :1984

Modifications :Chargecooled

Standard BHP :210

Expected BHP :22year old motor and lotus figures as standard will be happy with 215

I also have a slight oil leak from the cam carrier will it be a problem?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vehicle :s3 turbo

Year :1984

Modifications :Chargecooled

Standard BHP :210

Expected BHP :22year old motor and lotus figures as standard will be happy with 215

I also have a slight oil leak from the cam carrier will it be a problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Andy - just had a look at your garage photos and that's a lovely looking car you've got, I shall spend some time on Saturday appreciating it methinks :blink:

Don't know about the oil leak situation - Martin at Marlin seemed very straightforward about things today, so I wouldn't imagine that a slight weep would red-flag you, but that's a guess. Jason - I think you mentioned 'no oil leaks' earlier... are we just talking the Amoco Cadiz type of oil leak here?

You could give them a bell on 01908 366256 to discuss, as I appreciate you're coming a long way on Saturday.

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Guest Chelsea Martyn

It was me that laid out the pointers regarding what some people have forgotten to do prior ro a session at Martin's rquest.

e.g. enough fuel, correct tyre pressures, oil, coolant etc.

I've PM'd AJay on the leaks situation but for clarity to all.

minor weeps that don't drip Niagra Falls everywhere will be ok.

Martin wants to keep his kit as clean as possible and so the odd drip that can be wiped without bags of saw dust aiding an environmental clean up are ok.

If anyone is in doubt, PM me and i'll make the call to Martin.

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Cheers Martyn, good call...  :lol: 

Just to assist those travelling to MK, there's a pair of BP's just round the corner from the rolling road arrowed here (the rolling road is at Wellington Place, just off 'Water Eaton Road' where it ducks under the railway), but if Optimax is your tipple you've got a little further to go, with a pair of Shell garages about two miles away arrowed here

Dan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BP's= Blonde Prostitutes? :(

Dave going to email me our list of cars/drivers which we will send over to you. If you wouldnt mind consolidating the list and sending us a copy we can at least keep up to date manually on the progress at each site.

I'd be delighted to. Mail to jase7678@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks.

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit

What is it about MK that even the garages have to go around in pairs :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave - the garages are scared of getting grief from some of the roads we've got round here... not the motorways or the A-roads, or even the local roads, they're all perfectly friendly as far as tarmac goes - no, it's the little narrow roadways that cause all the trouble: they're absolute bloody cyclepaths... :lol:

Uh-oh, 3pm, time for the tablets... :(

Dan.

Dan

BP's= Blonde Prostitutes? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some people navigate by churches, some by pubs, and some by petrol stations, but Martyn navigates by... blonde prostitutes?! :lol:

Pimp your ride, sir? :lol:

Dan

Guest Chelsea Martyn
Some people navigate by churches, some by pubs, and some by petrol stations, but Martyn navigates by... blonde prostitutes?!  :(

Pimp your ride, sir?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a vicious rumour that's only 98% accurate! :lol: Damn!

Jase - we're leaving here about 7:30am

Pratnav reakons to virtually bypass the M1 and use the A5 for about 20 miles...surely thats not right ?

Is the A5 the route or should I go M1 and cut in on the A421 ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Jase - we're leaving here about 7:30am

Pratnav reakons to virtually bypass the M1 and use the A5 for about 20 miles...surely thats not right ?

Is the A5 the route or should I go M1 and cut in on the A421 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, don't listen to it. You've got roadworks between 9 and 11 or something due to lane widening but it flows well and really doesn't warrant avoiding. I guess it's pulling you off at 9 to take the A5 all the way. Balls to that. Come off at 14 and take the dual carriageways. It's quite a schlap, but M1 to Bletchley is probably 10 minutes. Some people would probably come off at 13, but frankly the road from 13 to Milton Keynes really gets my goat so I go the extra mile. I am guessing your prat nav is doing shortest distance or summit. Call me if you want more info.

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit