Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Original Stereo? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Original Stereo?

Hello

I'm sure that it is an easy question for one of you out there, so here goes. I am looking to return my cars to the way they rolled out of the factory. In order to do so, I will need to find out what stereos they came with. I have a 1981 dry-sump and a 1985 TE. I have requested a list of stock equipment for my cars from Lotus by including my serial numbers but have not received a reply. I found a list of 5 different stereos in my parts manual, which include Blaupunkt and Clarion. Since the parts manual covers 7 years, can someone out there with the original stereos in their 81 and 85 cars please let me know what they have. I have searched this forum and could not find an answer, if the answer is somewhere in the forum please take it easy on me, I'm new.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hey Steve

remember that in 80/81 they were trying there level best to make a fast sports car .They were not that good at record keeping yet so "throw a dog a frigging bone mate! "

why dont you get hold of panasonic , see what was mod then and put one in, never ever seen a Lotus devalue because the records didnt match from the factory .

richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Am also interested in what would have gone in a S2.2 (completed in April 1980).

Did any standard stereos have fm? or was it all mw/lw with perhaps a cassette player. I may play the originality cars if I can get fm, but otherwise will just put in a discrete modern unit

Guest surferphil

You can get your old sterio modified to take a new one but keep the face so it looks original.

Lotus sent me the original order specs for my S1 car but a sterio wasn't included. The car did come with the one from the parts manual though.