Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Firestone Firehawk 700 Tyres - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Firestone Firehawk 700 Tyres

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chris,

Any idea how old they are? Couldn't find them for sale anywhere else. Slap 'em on and let us know how they feel. Have to admit that with the new front suspension, the Nexens are even better than I thought.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Hello Pete,

The tyres only appeared on Ebay tonight, I got them from a tyre depot selling NOS tyres. The ad said they were sitting on a shelf for two or three years but for £65 inc p&p I thought its worth a try. My S2 has still got good ( treadwise anyway ) NCT's front and back, from when I bought it 17 years ago and they were'nt new then! I'me trying to get another set of S2 wheels ( which is proving difficult ) so I can have one set for the road and the other with the NCTs for shows to keep it looking original. I've also got some nearly new Pirelli 225/55/14's for the rear which are nearly the same diameter as the original rears and should look good, if I can get some more wheels! At the moment you can tell the original fronts don't feel right, they are old after all but I'll let you know about the Firestones when I get them fitted

Chris

Edited by chrisS2esprit

• 1 month later...

I "think" iv got these on my s3. bloody awful after the chap had just put them on... little did i know he had pumped them up to some rediculous pressure. Went round my first corner on the "fun" way home and nearly kaked myself! must say the tires are fine now they are at the correct pressures these chassis are so sensitive to minor changes. Feels the world of difference. They dont look as good as the fatter NCT's hard to get tyres with an old skool f1 style bulging tyre wall that fills the arches better but they are not bad and the tread pattern is alrite. Think the Pirrellis look a bit agricultural. I will check on the car when i get it back