Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Filter - Is it worth replacing ? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Filter - Is it worth replacing ?

CarlC

Hi all,

Given that my cars obviously been missing some serious TLC before I got it and its done 60k+ miles should I consider replacing the fuel filter ?

Not that the car appears to have any obvious problems and it is finally overboosting pretty much on demand now too.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have an Esprit yet so don't know if pricey/hard job or cheap/easy but esp. if the latter a definate yes!!

Can do no harm, and if it is full of crud will avoid potential problems later.

I did the one on my MK1 Golf Gti when I bought it - had no problems at all with the car, but did as a matter of course, and was gob smacked at the amount of black crud that came out of it!

Cheers

Andy

MK1 Volkswagen Golf Owners Club Well, had to get this one in if anyones interested?!

Thanks for the post Andy, thats exactly what i was thinking. The filter is easy to get at and I dont think there expensive.

Any recommendations - do I stay with stock or are the any alternatives people have used?

Edited by CarlC

I tend to find always stay with OEM parts for things like filters unless upgrading something to a higher performance part. I have heard some stories of after market ones not being much good and often for expensive than the OEM version!

Whenever I by a car I tend to do all the general stuff - oil, filter, plugs etc just to be on safe side unless I'm 100% certain recently been done.!

MK1 Volkswagen Golf Owners Club Well, had to get this one in if anyones interested?!

mine had done 60k when i changed it. it had the original lotus green splodge of paint on the fittings, so i could tell it had never been changed in all its "service history". when dryed out, the old one weighed quite a bit more than the new one.

went to the local motor factors for it after checking out the part numbers online somewhere. Esprit not listed at this factors, Elan M100 is the same part.

mine had done 60k when i changed it. it had the original lotus green splodge of paint on the fittings, so i could tell it had never been changed in all its "service history". when dryed out, the old one weighed quite a bit more than the new one.

went to the local motor factors for it after checking out the part numbers online somewhere. Esprit not listed at this factors, Elan M100 is the same part.

in the engine compartment, check on the fire wall to the right(looking from rear of car). Looks like a soda can with a hose coming in to it and one out of it which goes to the fuel rail.

Art

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm