Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New welder - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New welder

Picked up my new welder today. Christmas present from my lovely partner. Not welded for few years so hopefully i still can! Bought a Clarke MIG 90EN 30 AMP min 90 AMP max says capable of up to 4mm but im sure its more like 2.5-3mm max.

Still hopefully before i go back to work i will get the chance to get out and practice and hopefully get the front engine mounts made for the V8.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered if you meant some hairy bloke from an oil rig. :D

I was ridiculed by my brother recently, I have his MIG, and when I wanted something welded I got a neighbour to do it. My brother went on about how could anybody not be able to weld with a MIG. He then tried to use it (he was a panel beater and sprayer for a few decades). He then changed his comments to how he hated the fact somebody had borrowed the MIG before me and returned it without the gas or regulator but gas-less wire instead, and how much the wire spits as a result. :)

• Gold FFM

I would not think about *Cargon-mixture* / or 'gasless'-wire [filled wire].

Think more about the 90Amp rating !? Do you want to use it furthermore, on aluminium for example [it is possible to convert an traditional MIG for aluminium, just in case..] . As the Amp rate for this sounds a little less ? And for an engine bracket, made of steel (more like 6mm, what do you think..) it could be good to have higher capability anyway..

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..