Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
cant get engine running right - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

cant get engine running right

robdaniel

help i have a 1990se, had gearbox out to change crank seal now it wont run right. was running spot on before gearbox removal. could i have dammaged crank sensor or would it not run at all if it was faulty? car starts & ticks over fine but misses/backfires when it gets to 3500/4000 rpm. on the road it drives fine untill about 0.5 boost 3500/4000 rpm then just misses backfires. thinking it might just be a coincedence have had plugs out look fine. checked fuel filter ok. did find a perished o ring in the fuel line which was obstructing fuel flow, took off fuel rail and injectors to check if o ring had bloked anywhere else but all looked fine. not showing any fault codes on freescan dont know where to turn. any ideas

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can damage the crank sensor, but you'd be very unlikely to damage it such that it gives a consistent fault but still runs.

I'd suggest you check the connectors you disconnected, the ones to solenoids and vacuum/ boost pipes, it's most likely a poor connection or a connection that is wrong.

Andy

As I'm assuming you removed the exhaust system, could this be a misaligned ebv valve? (The 'flap' in the exhaust to help the cat warm up quickly from a cold start.)

not got ebv valve on ive removed all that rubish and put a stainless system on

You can damage the crank sensor, but you'd be very unlikely to damage it such that it gives a consistent fault but still runs.

I'd suggest you check the connectors you disconnected, the ones to solenoids and vacuum/ boost pipes, it's most likely a poor connection or a connection that is wrong.

Andy

have checked all connections today thy all look fine. had it on freescan and the only reading which do not match what the freescan

checked all connections today and every thing looks fine. connected to freescan and all the readings match the freescan manual exept the spark advance, manual says reading should be 75 but i only got around 10.I created a log file whilst driving but not sure what i am looking for.i am thinking dodgy ht leads. think the gearbox removal is just a coincedence