Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Missing in action? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Missing in action?

Guys, we had some prolific posters on the old forum, and I hope they will all make the transition. As some people have to change their names to join could we have a list of old vs new members to make sure no-one gets lost?

Bibs, a direct plea, I know James McCann was barred from these forums a while back for reasons I don't know. Could he be given a second crack here? He is an integral part of the old community and apart from posting strange stuff when apparently plastered (which seems to happen on the Esprit forum no problem) is harmless. If his strange affliction with the caps-lock key is a problem allow me to moderate the 4 seater section as I did before!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, we've only banned 5 people out of nearly 8,000 so decisions like this aren't taken lightly as I'm sure you can appreciate. James was banned for racist comments and despite being warned he continued his postings. Before this he was already a member of interest to the moderating team, we'd received many complaints from other members and his anti-American comments were the final straw. It wouldn't be in the interests of the forum to allow him back I'm afraid, he was just too much trouble before.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Really!?!?! I'm stunned, can't remember that at all unless the offending comments were moderated-away before I even got to read them. He must have kept his nose clean on the other site then as apart from a few drunken ramblings just came across as a harmless eccentric. Never mind.

James was banned for racist comments and despite being warned he continued his postings.

To back Bibs up i sadly remember this too. Thats the trouble when someone is banned for posting stuff like that, it's obviously not there for anyone to see so the reason they got banned either gets missed by those that did not see it, or slips from memory. The forum tolerates and is made richer by a bit of silliness and is generally pretty open but not to everything, and not to socially abhorrent stuff. I'm sure the reason he's more behaved is simple, if you move from one camp to another being nasty then when there is only one place left...

:thumbup:

I seem to remember James joining the other Excel forum, and getting that sinking feeling that there's about to be an issue, but there wasn't any, well not to the extent that appeared here. Maybe he learned or maybe there wasn't the combination of factors that lead to the postings that caused the ban. Either way, somebody has to make the decision as to whether it's worth the risk to the rest of the forum. Bibs makes that decision so we have to go with that on face value.

Posted many times on the Excel/Elite/Eclat forum... Good fun, interesting banter and good source of technical help. Agree that James was eccentric and his posts were bizarre at best but never found him to be offensive or such like. I have always championed free speech and have enjoyed 'stoking' debates - originality, installing different engines, whether to 'wash and show' - or to just drive the damn things... and James was always there putting his foot in it with his random keyboard skills.. He will be sorely missed by members transfering from the old forum to this. But as I don't know the circumstances of his removal I will remain impartial.

Mike :thumbup:

I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with this, getting back to the issue if in a short while anyone can think of anyone who hasn't resurfaced, shout up.

Hi Guys,

Originally DPR59 on .co.uk then a few years as Admin now back to the original.

I sent out a mass email, but only to members who had login in over the last 90 days. Can I thank everyone who replied.

For others the trail of breadcrums leads here.

On the subject of removing members, I did not discuss this openly on .co.uk and will not here.

I approached Bibs late last year about a forum transfer.

I hope and believe that the old forum has found a good home.

I know Bibs is continuing his efforts to import the old database.

However this sits on an old and unsupported system, the discusware unix thingy.

I have only been of limited help as my IT skills are those of an Analytical Chemist.

In the short term the old site remains as a fully searchable archive.

As far as I know this is the only site that offers a section dedicated to the Excel/Eclat/Elite as was .co.uk.

I look forward to now reading posts on here with a less critical eye as I'm not responsible for Admin or Mod.

I think this will be a great home for all 2+2 wedge drivers.

Edited by dpr59

Hi Guys, Finally made the transition! We have moved house and had no broadband for a month hence the delay. Lotti is in her new double garage and as soon as I have passified the wife by decorating all through the new house, I will be back restoring the wreck lol.

It's a pity about James, some of his posts were hilarious! But if he was naughty then that's that.

p.s The new forum is really snazzy!!!!!!!!!!

Jase.

I'd like to add that I've just bought an Eclat after running an Esprit and being on here for a few years. When I got the Eclat I did a lot of searching for info but couldn't find that much. I'm really pleased to see so many wedge owners suddenly on here in the new section. I didn't know you were all out there!

I'm looking forward to catching up and saying hello at some meets.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi All

Whilst talking about some off members on old forum, have not noticed Steve Cook, here or Dan Jarvis, allthough I think Dan has been on this forum for some time so could just be me not seeing his car/name.

Regards

Mike

Hi folks

made it to new home !!

Got the new rad fitted in V8 but have been playing with new Toy (928S4)

Have fallen back in lovewith lotus though so looking forward to summer.

Am off to Angouleme (Cercuit des remparts ) in V8 (hopefully) mid Sept See anyone there ?

Guy

HI allHI all I'm here, but having a bit of problems with writing any posts - nothing comes on the screen as I type, but seems to appear when I preview the post? Makes editing a bit of a problem!

Hopefully this will come out. If not I'll try agaiuin.

Regards Steve

Welcome Steve

Which web browser are you using?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Was using Internet explorer, not sure of the version but its not the current one. I've opened the forum using firefox this time and everything seems to be working fine now.

Regards Steve

Have a look here it will help if you want to use IE, you need to change your settings to 'Enable visual (RTE) editor?'

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein