Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bleeding sequence? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bleeding sequence?

Just fitted my Hispec calipers, does anyone know the brake bleeding sequence? its a NON ABS turbo. s I have just bleed the 2 front calipers and its soft.

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the Hispec calipers, but in general principle you start with the caliper futhest away, ie diaganaly oposite rear, next rear, oposite side front and finally mastercylinder side front. Just a thought, the calipers you have fitted the bleed niples need to be at the top of the caliper, if they are at the bottom you have the calipers on the wrong side.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Non ABS, you should be OK with standard bleed practice.

Furthest from master first then moving to shorter each time. If you're happy to push a fir bit of fluid through (you have enough etc) then go for circa 1/4 l for the rear left, then you'll not need much for the others (100ml each) but will have renewed your fluid at the same time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do it tomorrow fed up with bending up and down for today.

I think there soft as I have only bleed the fronts.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

The thing is, if you didn't secure the pipes off well air will have crept up the system, even though you may well be getting fluid though. You may find they improve overnight as some air may move up through the pipes.