Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
March 11th Crystal Cove Meet - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

March 11th Crystal Cove Meet

JRTurbo909

Hi all,

We are planning a Lotus caravan and meet at Crystal Cove on the 11th of March. This message will be distributed to all the Lotus groups to try and get as big of a Lotus attendance as possible. Im sure that you remember the pics from the last one that slade and I attended. Please pass this along to any Lotus owners that you know of so we can try to make this CC the best yet. Here are some times/places for our caravan from Los Angeles...

Meeting Point @ 5:15a

Best Buy (Pico and Sawtelle -not Sepulveda)

11301 W Pico Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90064

Line up on the southbound side of Sawtelle, north of Pico. Be there at 5:10a. Departure at 5:20a promptly.

Second Stop @ 5:35a

Rosecrans and the 405 (Corner of Rosecrans and Hindry Ave)

Use the Starbucks as a reference, but park on the southbound side (west side) of Hindry. We will come off the freeway at Rosecrans, make the left at the light, let anyone who is here get behind us, and get right back on the freeway. We should roll in here at about 5:30a and will be long gone by 5:40a

Third Stop @ 5:50a

Pacific Coast Highway @ Ximeno Ave (Just south of the BIG round about)

Lineup on the southbound side of PCH, just North of Ximeno Ave. We will jump off the 405 at Lakewood, and blow through here

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car ought to be back on the street by that time... The caravan routes are a bit counter intuitive for me however, so I might wind up showing up solo at 6:30... sounds like a plan :blink:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

My car ought to be back on the street by that time... The caravan routes are a bit counter intuitive for me however, so I might wind up showing up solo at 6:30... sounds like a plan :angry:

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That should work out fine. be sure to park your car inside this time!! I can just give you a call when we are getting close and save a space next to my car for you...

us G-car owners need to stck together. :blink:

Shah

Hey anyone here active on the turboesprit Yahoo group? Do you want to pass this message on for me?

Trev, you think your car will be ready for a trip down to this? I would love to see the ole JPS out there with us...

Shah

I haven't sorted out my misfire yet and am away on business this weekend so I dare not risk a 120 mile drive on the Los Angeles freeways as an initial test run so I will be in the Honda.

Decided not to be bound in Slade's trunk.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I haven't sorted out my misfire yet and am away on business this weekend so I dare not risk a 120 mile drive on the Los Angeles freeways as an initial test run so I will be in the Honda.

Decided not to be bound in Slade's trunk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea bout skipping on slade's trunk. doesnt seem like it'd be too comfortable in there :lol:

Are you gonna meet us in the honda for the drive or just at CC? If your gonna be there for the drive I will be sure to wait for you...

What about any of you S-car owners? Paul?

Shah

Edited by JRTurbo909

Quick update to those that are interested. The webmaster at the South Coast Lotus Club sent out an announcement of this event to all those that are registered on that site...

It has been posted on elisetalk.com, lotuselan.net, and a few other sites. I have recieved a lot of emails about this and it looks like it may be a good turn out. Someone on the ClubLotusLA yahoo group passed to word onto his Lotus 23 friends. That would be great to have some of those show up. I plan to send out a notice on the turboesprit yahoo group as well since I hadnt heard from anyone regarding that message being sent. I just applied for a membership to that group so I plan to do that later today...

One of the guys from the elisetalk board that planned an event like this before recomended that we park in a certain location. I will post the map with the area he suggested. slade, this will be the area that we will try and park. Well, here the map...

CC-Lineup-2.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions...

Shah

Wonder if Paul will show his face here... Anyways, weekend just arrived so I better get cracking on that engine falling out problem before it's too late :lol:

Good thing you've got the Honda Trev. My trunk's booked :(

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Just a word of caution - the last time a group tried to pull together such a large number of cars (the NSX crowd), it backfired on them due to pissing off everyone else who couldn't get into the main lot, and thus their welcome at Crystal Cove was worn out ......

With that said, I'll do my best to attend as I'm only 10 minutes away :lol:

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Just a word of caution - the last time a group tried to pull together such a large number of cars (the NSX crowd), it backfired on them due to pissing off everyone else who couldn't get into the main lot, and thus their welcome at Crystal Cove was worn out ......

With that said, I'll do my best to attend as I'm only 10 minutes away  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh. Quite interesting. I had no idea. Well i guess we wont know how many people actually attend. Hope to see you there...

Shah

there are already enough elises there on a usual basis without organization of migration... but it seems like the max Esprits that have ever been there is about 3 from what I hear and have seen, if I added correctly. And it doesn't sound like we're going to get much more than that this time if we've got me, Paul, and Shah in addition to the other usual couple esprits.

I'm sure that people won't quite think they're having an Esprit takeover. Especially when there are 10 or so 360 modenas there on a usual basis anyways.

slade

Thats what I was trying to say without pissing off all the Elise folks - a handful of anything is interesting, but no one wants to see 40 of the same!

there are already enough elises there on a usual basis without organization of migration... but it seems like the max Esprits that have ever been there is about 3 from what I hear and have seen, if I added correctly. And it doesn't sound like we're going to get much more than that this time if we've got me, Paul, and Shah in addition to the other usual couple esprits.

I'm sure that people won't quite think they're having an Esprit takeover. Especially when there are 10 or so 360 modenas there on a usual basis anyways.

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by fmxa

Thats what I was trying to say without pissing off all the Elise folks - a handful of anything is interesting, but no one wants to see 40 of the same!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed. well hopefully with all the exposure we can get some vintage lotus to show up...

Shah

BTW - If you're coming down PCH from Newport Beach, make the left before Crystal Cove or the one after - don't make an illegal left across PCH into the main parking lot, as there's been a NBPD motorcycle cop every week doing brisk business here!

BTW - If you're coming down PCH from Newport Beach, make the left before Crystal Cove or the one after - don't make an illegal left across PCH into the main parking lot, as there's been a NBPD motorcycle cop every week doing brisk business here!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the heads up. i will pass the word along....

Shah

Shah,

I went down to CC this morning - going South on PCH between Newport and Crystal Cove there were four NBPD motorcycle cops using laser. I saw three cars pulled over and the last cop was laseing me for about 15 seconds (kinda unusual). Had a repeat of the above on Jamboree heading North later on.

Be careful next weekend!

Shah,

I went down to CC this morning - going South on PCH between Newport and Crystal Cove there were four NBPD motorcycle cops using laser.  I saw three cars pulled over and the last cop was laseing me for about 15 seconds (kinda unusual). Had a repeat of the above on Jamboree heading North later on. 

Be careful next weekend!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh wow. Thanks. Not much of a speeder myself (these NA esprits are not as fast as they look :mellow: haha) but will be sure to pass the word along...

How was CC today?

Shah

just letting ya'll know in advance... my car probably won't be there, but I'll try to be... :)

Only one bolt holds my engine in on one side. In order to install the other two, I'll need 1.) An easy out and 2.) a helicoil or drill out/rethread. :mellow:

And my current schedule hasn't allowed me to do any of that, and probably won't allow me to by Saturday. Goddamn it.

slade

Edited by slade

just letting ya'll know in advance... my car probably won't be there, but I'll try to be... :mellow:

Only one bolt holds my engine in on one side. In order to install the other two, I'll need 1.) An easy out and 2.) a helicoil or drill out/rethread. :)

And my current schedule hasn't allowed me to do any of that, and probably won't allow me to by Saturday. Goddamn it.

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a shame slade, well i hope you can make it anyways. Sorry bout the mount problems. Hope you can get those sorted soon enough.

Shah

Unfortunately due to the prospect of thunderstorms, the turnout may not be what was expected. I have been recieving plenty of feedback and numerous Lotus owners do not intend to make it if its bad. I plan to wake for the drive and attend if its not coming down too hard. Unfortunately thunderstorms and 27 year old Lucas electronics do not sound like a good mix...

Are you guys gonna go? slade? paul? if so then i will definately attend...

Shah

I'll definitely be there. Even if no one else shows, at least I can stop by the crab cooker and get some clam chowder and hang out by the beach in the rain. Need a break from all these f*cking finals and their bullsh!t. I've got a ladyfriend who's more fickle about the weather, she won't come if its raining, but screw her if she doesn't (literally). She's even overaged :angry: She don't look it though :lol:

I'll be in my mom's goddamn Blazer :D

Weather's fixin to get nasty here in Riverside. But isn't yet.

slade

If it's raining 4.gif (which seems likely) count me out, why don't you reschedule for next weekend?

Edited by fmxa

sounds like a plan to me.

nevertheless I'm headed for the beach this weekend.

slade