Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DONNINGTON: DISPLAY PARKING - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

DONNINGTON: DISPLAY PARKING

Paul C

If my windscreen holds together, I should be there in my S3.

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody hell :( its sounds as though half of you are coming to donny on a wing and a prayer, leaking coolant, windscreens falling apart :lol: . Hey if anyone breaks down and needs a tow or is in need of storage, I,m happy to help out :D .

Mobile should my assistance be needed; 07810234519, really hoping I,m not needed though, hope everyone arrives safe and sound, mechanicaly as well as physically :P:(:P

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

"touch wood" mine has never gone seriously wrong at all, but i do hear LOADS of stories of why they cant be driven, just luck so far then.

will be in range rover as got to pick up a doner bumper and MAYBE a de-cat pipe, so can start new project

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Spoke to Alan Morgan today.

Have given his number to Oneshot and esprit350 (David and Howard)

who have kindly said they will help with the parking (being a lot nearer

than me).

Please read the list on page one of this thread, this will show what

cars we are missing from the list and if your model is needed, and it will help

Howard and Dave out with planning it. Remember too we will at some point

be at the mercy of what the donnington parking attendands do overnight...

:lol:

Oh and one more thing,

They are going to start up the 72 this year. B)

rofl - you haxor, wish I could edit my posts that well :lol:

Wonder which one, dunno is CTL have them all but there's a fair few of the type 72 models going (inc the one they smashed up at Brands....can't handle the power see) - Usually they have Emerson's one there but it'd be nice to see Ronnie's (72D ?) for a change.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

rofl - you haxor, wish I could edit my posts that well  :lol:

Wonder which one, dunno is CTL have them all but there's a fair few of the type 72 models going (inc the one they smashed up at Brands....can't handle the power see) - Usually they have Emerson's one there but it'd be nice to see Ronnie's (72D ?) for a change.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Jon, i'm real useless at info. Was chatting to Alan and they are deffo

going to be starting a 72 this year, i think it was the Ex-senna car they had

and started last year?

Am badgering Alan to join us, so he might be able to tell us himself :D

Where are all the cars for the display? we still need 14 cars, come on people, lets show CL that we can do this.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hear Hear

Let's show CL that the Esprit community is alive and kickin and can organise themselves.

CL are giving us a great opportunity here to put the Esprit forward. It would be nice to get as many (all?) of the models represented. If your model still needs representing then please put yourself forward. You car does not have to be Concours condition - this is simply a line up of the models - no-one will be judging.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hear Hear

Let's show CL that the Esprit community is alive and kickin and can organise themselves.

CL are giving us a great opportunity here to put the Esprit forward. It would be nice to get as many (all?) of the models represented. If your model still needs representing then please put yourself forward. You car does not have to be Concours condition - this is simply a line up of the models - no-one will be judging.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David - perhaps half the problem is that some of the models are less likely to drive into the car park - e.g. S1, S2, Essex, X180R - due to general rarity, plus owners my not be active on here. Ken Baird seems to have one of each model :D and I'm sure I've seen his white S1 there a couple of times, and Paul Godfrey has brought his white S1 for the past two years, but I believe neither of these are on the forum.

Would it be worth arming the volunteer 'parking attendants' with a list of wanted cars and getting them to redirect owners if/when they drive in?

Finally, if we want it to look like a professional display rather than a random line of Esprits, should we put some thought to chronologial parking (difficult as people are arriving seperately?) or at least having some printed placards for the windscreen with, say:

Model

Production dates

Performance

Distinguishing features compared to previous models (?)

That way, whatever turns up that's on the list can be parked anywhere in the line-up and given its window placard to identify it to non Esprit people.

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Already in hand :D

Each model will have a card showing the model etc. Howard and I will be there early to arrange this line up. As you say some people aren't on the forum and we will use them (if they are willing) as they arrive but we wanted to identify as many as possible prior to the day to avoid confusion.

We will endeavour to try and line them up cronologically but given the pressure of people arriving it may not be possible and as you say if they have window cards then it is not strictly necessary.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

printed sheets with model name are being done as we speak, David is also contacting each owner with a print out to display when entering donington so the CL marshalls can direct the cars

I dont have the time to find out the other info, if each owner wants to do that for the car then please do so.

Howard

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

printed sheets with model name are being done as we speak, David is also contacting each owner with a print out to display when entering donington so the CL marshalls can direct the cars

I dont have the time to find out the other info, if each owner wants to do that for the car then please do so.

Howard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most owners on LEW have e-mail addresses, why not contact a few owners of missing models and see if they're going Sunday.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

I think its a bit optimistic reserving a space for an Essex or a JPS, I can't remember seeing either in the general hubub of the car parks. Rather than an embarrasing space maybe we could shuffle along one for any surprise superstars :D

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

post-512-1142136364.jpgI would love to donate my esprit for the day ,but unfortunately it has an identity crisis :(

Its mostly an N/A,its S4 from the gearbox to the wheels and SPORT 300 bodywork :D

maybe I could park it across three bays :D

My personal race to Donnington started about a month ago laying a concrete base to build a garage on that I am now working in to get the car ready.

Removed the callipers,cleaned and replaced with braided hoses.

Fitted braided clutch hose.

Repair and fit offside petrol tank and disconnect leaky nearside one.

Fit translator pivot bearings.

Oil and filter change

and try to start it for the first time since November.

On top of all that I'm back and fore to London on the week leading up to the show including the Saturday. Infact the anticipation of actualy getting there with the car is proving to be nearly as exiting as being there.

Oh well! Fingers crossed :(

Edited by punky

Most owners on LEW have e-mail addresses, why not contact a few owners of missing models and see if they're going Sunday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry i dont have the time, I volunteered to help club lotus with the parking, i e help their marshalls to identify the right cars, I am going early and missing my local group pre meet and convoy and I have been doing the car identifaction sheets for the windscreens , along with all the other stuff in my life like work etc.

Howard

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I've just emailed all the owners of cars not confirmed on our list that appear on LEW's owners pages. No S2.2, Turbo S, X180R owners, S300 & 02/03 V8 very thin on the ground, and there doesn't seem to be an SE Highwing there that's still got it's high wing... :D

Dan.

Edited by dan_red89na

Dan

thanks dan,

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I've just emailed all the owners of cars not confirmed on our list that appear on LEW's owners pages. No S2.2, Turbo S, X180R owners, S300 & 02/03 V8 very thin on the ground, and there doesn't seem to be an SE Highwing there that's still got it's high wing...  :D

Dan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Kato can gaffa tape his back on again??

U up for it Kato Matey??

Use black gaffa tape and nobody will notice i promise!!! :D:(:(

Then u can get one of the many glass backed SE's aswell!!!

Top idea. All hands up to say yeah!

:(:(

Um sorry had about 10 whiskys!!!!

Have a good night all!

Chunky Lover

I've just spoken to Ken Baird, and it's likely he'll be there with the Essex, and maybe another Esprit from the 'need' list if he can manage the logistics. Not guaranteed at this stage but I should have a better idea by midweek.

I've also had a reply from Gordon Masson regarding Esprit #1, but unfortunately it's too short notice for him to arrange a trailer (on account of the weather) to bring the car down from Aberdeen.

Still hoping an S2 or S2.2 will pop out of the woodwork so we've got a nice balance between the old and the new... :)

Howard - when's your cut-off for the printed sheets? I guess you're just going to do one for each on the list and we'll use as many as we can find cars for on the day...? :lol:

Dan.

Dan