Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
woman in Evora - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

woman in Evora

anubis1

Lately my wife wanted to test the Evora by herself. but... now way. She is not tall enough (165 cm). Due to the fact, that the seat can not be fixed higher she only sees the steering wheel or she does not reach the pedals. So... either my wife is too small or the car is not built for women.

Somebody had same experience? I am not sad about that fact at all, so there is never a discussion, who can drive the Evora :police: . A.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm.. I'm short but don't seem to have a problem with driving this car.

I have a video of me getting in and driving the car on Youtube. As you can see, my girlfriend and I are both pretty short. I'm about 5'3 (160cm), as is my girlfriend.

There's plenty of room between me and the steering wheel, yet I can fully depress the clutch pedal just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zHbldyaRAE

Edited by Squidward

My wife drivers the Evora and she is 5' 6" .

Not being sacrastic but could a slight booster cushion help the situation? Obviously you would need one that does not move about?

Cheers

George

The easiest solution is to use the second set of mounting holes for the driver's seat, pre-drilled in the chassis, around 1" forward of the standard setting. Dealers (should) be avble to lift the carpet and remount the seat further forward (chassis pics available on request!) We've used these for a lady customer in Aberdeen who's 4'10", and it addressed the problem well.

If it's just for a test drive, there is a bespoke "booster cushion" (!) available, made by the Lotus trim shop. Black leather with Evora embossing - very nice piece of kit - with two sections, one under yer bum for raising you and the other behind your back. You can use the two I have here in Edinburgh - obviously I'd be needing to sell you an Evora from here! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Graeme, Murray Motor Company

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 5'6" and have no problems fully depressing clutch on standard seat fittings.

I would suggest though that the view from the seat is a little lower than you'd expect so maybe an 'adult' booster could help here.

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

• 1 year later...