Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 WoBbLy tailgate - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 WoBbLy tailgate

Hi again guys

Now the S1 is slowly coming together, I have noticed that with the engine running, the tailgate seems to wobbly slightly laterally along the rear edge when it is down and locked. its quite noticable. When I popped open the tailgate with the usual fingernail busting method, I noticed that there are a couple of bolts fixed to the tailgate on each side. I went through my catalogue of photos of other S1s and found this one.

I then went through the parts catalogue and found that a engineering bullentine had been issues called 11/77 with a modification for a single center plunger.

My car seems to have been modified at some point with the single inverted plunger. With the S1 tailgate seeming to be made with thinner fibergalss than the later esprits, it looks like this might be causing the wobble.

Has anyone else suffered from this problem, and how has it been dealt with?

If someone can supply me with some dimensions for the original plungers, I should be able to get some made up hopefully. The original part numbers dont come up on any internet sites any more :thumbdown:

This is a photo of a yellow esprit i was looking at a while ago and by chance took this photo.

post-4319-085987200 1278718191.jpg

Edited by Cos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images