Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Headlamps... - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlamps...

Lucas,

I agree with you, the "angel" eye lamps look cheezy and cheap imho. These do not have the angel ring. The lense and backing are all glass, molded together as one piece with a hightly reflective inner mirror and inner light bulb deflector to angle the light beam up and out of the scattering glass lense. They are exactly the same thickness of glass as my OE lamps were, and considering the age of my original lenses, the reflective material was peeling off in several spots as well as all of the metal prongs for the light bulb socket were corroded quite badly, so this was a substantial improvement on every aspect of my original setup. I like to save money just like the next guy, but I assure you that I do not skimp! I purchased the lenses to see if they were up to snuff and I have over 20 years as a mechanic (I was a heavy wheel mechanic and light tracked vehicle mechanic in the US Army before becoming an ASE certified tech back in college) telling me that these lamps are of top rate quality. Even if you just use the bulbs and lenses, they are an improvement over the setup that came standard on the Esprit Turbo back in 1989.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Artie. I'm pretty sure I put Hella's on a long time back, so I'm not shopping for myself... though I'm always open to HID kits.

Does anyone have the measurements for the high beam lens? It's unique to Lotus, right? Has anyone ever considered making some sort of adapter?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Both of my lenses were identical in size Lucas. Not sure if the S4 had different lenses though. What have u got to lose with an inexpensive HID kit? You will be pleasantly surprised! If you don't like them, ill buy them from you! I want to put another HID kit on my Chopper!

Edited by Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm