Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Owners - the next generation - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Owners - the next generation

gghc87

I took my pride and joy out for a spin a couple of weeks ago after its winter sleep.

near to my house there was a horse trial in a private house. The entrance to the trial was controlled by a couple young kids, a boy and girl letting in the cars.

I had to slow down as the car in front was turning into the trial. both kids stopped what they where doing and looked at the car.

The young lad who I guess was about 12 years old then called out at the top of his voice. ' NICE CAR MISTER'.

This I took as a real compliment to a 19 year old car and a 30 year old design from the a generation surrounded by the lastest helpings of Bugatti, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Massa, Evo, subby, Merc, BMW etc etc etc .

As I said at the start

Esprit Owners - the next generation B)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While people of all ages inexplicably seem to ignore my car when I'm out (that's what I get for living in Riverside :lol:) I think it's completely logical that the young uns would love the Esprit!

I think the current generation of 5 year olds has a horrible array of contemporary idolized cars... the SLR, Carrera, Enzo, Bugatti Veyron, any Bimmer, EVO, WRX... aren't those topping on most people's list of the ugliest cars ever?

So no surprise, when you hsow em a 20 year old Esprit it's something to get excited about! :) They finally see a real car with a style pedigree. I feel sorry for anyone born slightly before them who was forced to endure the F50 as a role model.

I find on the road it's the young uns who are the biggest starers B) Though my 12 year old nephew is decidedly not interested in it or cars in general... and I think my array of 5 year old nieces and nephews have grown up with it to the point that it's no longer shocking. Or interesting.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

The young lad who I guess was about 12 years old then called out at the top of his voice. ' NICE CAR MISTER'.

Esprit Owners - the next generation B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This happens in my neighborhood also. I can't think of many contemporary cars which provoke that reaction. :lol:

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

I was out yesterday for a drive with the wife and we got a 'thumbs up' from a gentleman working on his mailbox by the side of the road. My wife thought perhaps we'd get the 'slow down' motion, but this was not the case. :lol:

I was out yesterday for a drive with the wife and we got a 'thumbs up' from a gentleman working on his mailbox by the side of the road.  My wife thought perhaps we'd get the 'slow down' motion, but this was not the case.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tim, are you certain it was the 'thumb'? :)

I have never met anyone who thought my Turbo Esprit was not a beautifully styled car :(

I could gawp at it for hours :lol:

Kids at my daughters school all love it :P

IMO the looks alone sold that car, the handling and performance were a great bonus. :)

Will the new car evoke the same reactions? :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I grew up with the Testarossa, Countach, F40, and 959 as my models :blink: Somewhere along the line the rest of my generation started idolizing integras and hick mobiles :D

I think anyone older than my generation can't blame bad role models for poor taste <_<

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Has been and will always be the Esprit for me.

I had buddies who loved the 308gts. Pretty classic, also.

At the last auto show here in PDX I checked out the new Porsche Cayman. I liked it. They seem to retain a classic feel with each new model.

I believe BMW has lost sight of this.

And Cliff, I'm pretty certain he was admiring the car. B)

When I go to gas satation there's always someone who come to watch the car and talk about it :blink: That's quite rare in here where people don't talk so much to each other <_<

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

When I go to gas satation there's always someone who come to watch the car and talk about it  :blink: That's quite rare in here where people don't talk so much to each other  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jussi, I've always heard that people in Finland and scandinavia aren't too... amicable towards one another. (I've heard initiating contact with someone usually results in hostility). Do most people seem to foster that attitude in general?

As for the 308... I agree with the G man. Most beautiful car ever created. At least in 288 GTO guise B)

slade

I'm a child of the nineties but I'm proud to be seen in what I consider to be an 80s car. Long live the wedge... and the pop-up lights, and the powerless steering, and all the rest of it! <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here.. I have been a vivid pop-up headlight supportor on this forum.. and screw power steering (unless parallel parking!).. long live them sharp edges!

I grew up with the Testarossa, Countach, F40, and 959 as my models :blink: Somewhere along the line the rest of my generation started idolizing integras and hick mobiles :D

I think anyone older than my generation can't blame bad role models for poor taste <_<

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i grew up with the AE86 (corolla), mkII supra's, 80's MR2, 240sx (datsuns) old school cars.. never really liked american cars. no offense

i grew up with the AE86 (corolla), mkII supra's, 80's MR2, 240sx (datsuns) old school cars.. never really liked american cars.  no offense

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mkII supra had one of them cos I couldnt afford a lotus at the time. Great Fun car to own and drive. <_<

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

mkII supra had one of them cos I couldnt afford a lotus at the time. Great Fun car to own and drive.  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had one too, loved it, big barge of a car and lovely sounding straight six.

Traded in my 1.1 litre fiesta to get it, to date

the biggest performance jump i have made.

:blink:

My car gets complimented a lot!

My brother is a teacher and I went to visit him at his school last week. The kids who went past the car while I was there were gobsmacked! Not one of them had ever seen a car like it before (and had most certainly never seen a G-Car Esprit in their lives!)

Had a punter want to talk to me about it when I took it to get an MOT on friday, have had several guys at petrol stations either smile or say "nice car"

Gangstaz seem to love it! The sorts of guys you would seriously cross the road to avoid all give the car the nod of "Rispeck"

After Donington when I went back to Karl's place, the local kids were taking pictures of the car on their phones! ...and this is in a small housing estate where I was parked next to a superbly modded modern Supra (Justine's!) a 340R a 300ZX and even where Karl's Esprit lives!

About a fortnight ago I parked up behind B33 ENN's GT3 and a couple of guys were parking up at the same time and wanted to just ask loads of questions about them. My GF said that one was newer... They both assumed MINE was the newer one!!!!! I'm guesing that was because modern styling is all bubbly and Stevens, so the true wedge's sharp lines are SO out of the ordinary and rare that they thought that it must be the new styling! :D

^^^^^ALL that^^^^^ will have happened in about the last month or so!

Got to love the Wedge!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Got to love the Wedge!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that B)

Cliff

My borther is a teacher and I went to visit him at his school last week...

...ever ssen a car like it before...  ...whne I took it to get an MOT...

Does he teach English mate?

Nice delorean BTW :D

ROFL!!!!! :D

I'll have your chargecooler but keep my Wedge! You can also keep your ZX81 powered fuel system (I believe that's a VIC20 for the Federal Esprits! :) )

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif