Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Owners - the next generation - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Owners - the next generation

gghc87

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they work better on the g car. Then the beauty of the rest of the car blinds you, and you don't notice them as much.

(hmm... should I stop provoking intentionally :rolleyes:) really aside from the above bumper issue I have no problem with the S cars. I do however like my G car alot <_<

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Sounds like fewer of us are joking than initially?  :rolleyes:

slade

Huh? Part Deux

Wayne and I are having a discussion, some joking included, some not intended.

We know what's going on. And we aren't insulting eachother's tastes (understanding that there are differences of opinion). Just don't ask me what I really think of Karl's car...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

P5220406.sized.jpg

lotus_small_2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love my G-car, but Travis' Esprit looks extremely nice to me. I'd love to be able to own both ... and an F355.

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

is it just me or the does the SE door handle look like cheap shit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not just the SE - all the Esprit have them back to the S1 becuase they were wrestled off of dust bins such as :

mo-marina2-a.jpg

You always have people taking a pop at Lotus' choice of parts, some guy coined a phrase from 5th gear about the drive shafts to me once, until I pointed out the wing mirrors are taken from an XJ220 (they're actually citroen) :rolleyes:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

yep i did alter the belt line i think it makes it look more modern thats all, and as for "questionable taste". just get ready for the new front/rear & zorst setup, will be out the bodyshop next week i belive. and then a new bonnet/mirrors/boot/wing arrangement/wheel colour later in the year when cash lets me

"i know im the way forward you dont have to tell me BAHAHAHAHA" JOKIN

vulcan grey - i know you hate my car lol,,,but there must be bits you like,,,,everyone like at least one bit? anyway sod that, the wing on yours is that standard se? as have you seen the mods there doing to the f433 in the states, the wing is very similar but on tiny poles and carbon,,,,,"karl runs off to the bodyshop and chats carbon with da man"

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

honestly (while we're on the subject of things we dislike about karl's car :rolleyes:) the only things that really bother me are the window on the hood and the front bumper (too blobby). I feel like the rear should be less appealing to me, but for some reason it doesn't.

Can't wait to see the next incarnation <_<

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

bahahaha fronts too err blobby?? LMAO

erm, its basically standard with fogs/indicator/side lights removed and a v8 splitter moulded on and chopped in the middle. most ppl say "what ya done to front its standard"

and the window i totally agree (bad bad judgement) but it did its job on the modified car scene, now it will be removed, maybe a couple of vents added though for good measure. the new rear is looking good i must say at the moment. very NOW in the styling of it. but as it wont be standard let the abuse flow LMAO.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

As soon as a forum member posts some pics of his car, it is up for discussion as far as Im concerned. :(

I have posted pics of mine so you could say its too white, dont like the red interior, steering wheel is on the wrong side,it has crappy door handles off a Marina, it doesnt have a Ch*rgecool*r so it is obviously as slow as a snail, etc. etc.) <_<

Karl has gotten tons of flack for his car, and all the critism must be like water off a ducks back by now, but he is enjoying himself and has produced something that is unique. :blink:

We all have our differing opinions, and thats what makes the forum interesting IMO :P

BTW isnt it funny how there are more surviving Esprits than Marinas. :rolleyes:

On day someone will be looking at the last surviving Marina in a museum and will say" Wow they put Lotus Esprit door handles on that ugly car!" :P:(

SUNP0003-1.jpg

sorry sneeky peeky is banned by my mate,,,,his reaction when i pulled out the phone-cam was "f##k off dont you f##kin even think of taken a pic, as it will be all over the net i know what your like"

not the biggest fan of in progress pics being shown.

and as for putting up pics you have a point, your open to attack, but the point i suppose with mine is, its different totally. if someone didnt like a white car, then you have another 100 ppl with white cars on ya side.

btw, white is a very NOW colour may i add. alot of ppl doing white.

re karls car, some bits I like some bits i dont, biggest dislike is the colour, love the wing and the belt line , dont like front bumper and bonnet window.

re the door handles they can also be found on a range rover, so why not talk them up and froget the marina connection..

011.jpg

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

never new about the range rover bit. deff better than a marina, but i suppose ppl will always say the worst car,,,like the oil filter is also off a cortina LOL

and bumper has changed already no bars or plate. and the window WILL go, as for colour, its was that colour because i hate washing cars and its not a fad colour (flip/candy/glitter etc etc) so will never be in/out of fashion. but i would go black if i had the cash, as i dont drive it alot now.

and you like the wing OMG shock. thats on my get rid list, as i was never quite sure on it

Above V8 shows my only real beef with the (later) S car design (I guess it would be the Thompson restyling?)

That the front bumper dips way below the rest of the car.

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree slade. this has always bothered me bout the later cars. Still looks nice though...

oh, by the way, nice sig. It looks like the black looped ribbon is now gonna stand for "Remembrance of the G-car"

:rolleyes:

Shah

1979 Esprit S2. Long Beach, CA

re the door handles they can also be found on a range rover,

so why not talk them up and froget the marina

Yeah, i never really figure why so much is made of the handles anyway,

Especially when bigger features like the rear lights are off some nasty old

toyota hatchback, at least the SD1 was a half decent car.

Also, having handles from a Marina/ TR7/ Range Rover is (if you have to

be reminded of where they are from) less embarrassing than having handles

from a vauxhall Calibra as the late models do, I'd rather have a TR7 or a Range

rover than a Calibra, as would any sane non-chav.

:rolleyes:

re the door handles they can also be found on a range rover, so why not talk them up and froget the marina connection..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becuase otherwise it wouldn't be a connection worth talking about.

I know it's always been a pet hate of Robins, can remember talking it over when he was having the handleless entry put on - people will always pick at it (same thing with th 5th gear driveshaft comment....so what it's just a piece of metal !)

Oh hit me where it hurts and insult my door handles why don't you :rolleyes:

Edited by Jonathan

I had an early Range Rover once :rolleyes:

But it didnt have Marina door handles :blink:

Nor did it have Leather seats, automatic transmission, wood inlays , air con,tinted glass, bull bars, mettalic paint,aluminium rims, decient stereo, or carpet!

Fantastic piece of minimalist design by David Bache <_<

Wish I still had it now, but I sold it and bought a Jeep Cherokee Chief (piece of crap) :P

Have no pics but it looked exactly like this.

earlyS.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I'd rather have a TR7 or a Range rover than a Calibra, as would any sane non-chav.

:blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a chav! <_<

seriously though, I'm a bigger fan of the way the Toyota lights integrate on the S car than the SD1 lights on the G car. The G car should have stuck with the X1/9 lights as far as I'm concerned.

When I first got the car, there was a guy who absolutely hated it. He'd say, "yeah it's fast... but it looks like a carboard box!" :P. If he ever saw me on the street (or anywhere else) he'd yell "dude... you've got an ugly car!" :rolleyes:

Never bothered me. Mostly because his ride of choice was a rusty old 73 Ford pickup :(

I think the only thing that gets regular amounts of ridicule on my car is my pinky :P People are shocked that a person as masculine as me can pull that off

slade

Enter ME into this conversation! LMAO :rolleyes:

Donny05_35.jpgDonny05_41.jpg

POXY FECKING DOOR-HANDLES UGLY BASTARD DECALS (etc etc yada yada yada! lol)

It doesn't matter what WE say ...it was the typical London shittiness that pissed me off... Standing in front of your gorgeous supercar the London / British mentality is to try to find something to slag off about it... as it makes them feel slightly less shit about their own poxy, little, irrelevant existence by trying to piss on your parade ...because ultimately you're just reminding them their lives are shittier than yours and they're afraid you might feel superior, so need to knock ANYTHING they can find.

So instead of "nice car" as anyone decent woudl get... too often it's "hahaha Morris Marina Door Handles" (which apparently are the same mech as in the Rolls Royce) yet who cares - theyre known for being on Marinas and Allegros etc!

allegro-f3q-white-f.jpg

(How's that pic for irony?! Even she can't make that p.o.s look sexy! lmao)

So... I got rid of them!

NOW... people say "IT'S GOT NO DOOR-HANDLES!" and want to know how you get in (cue James Bond gadget show-off moment!) and they love it! <_<

One local lad here when I got it back after the doors were skimmed and I didn't put the decals on thought it had had LOADS of work done on it and was in way better nick than before (when it had merely been completely re-sprayed!!!) Teh only difference was the lack of door-handles, those hideous old manky decals were gone and I had replaceed the side-repeaters with clear, S4 ones :(

Makes all the difference! :blink:

As for Karl' car.. I think it looks great! I was never keen on the rear bumper (looked like a fat arse and not in the good way!) and the bonnet-window was just at the wrong angle (needed to be parallel with teh lines of teh bumper) I am one of the few who HAS seen a sneaky peek of the new bumper and I can't wait to see it finished with the zorst!!! :P

The waistline thing is still there - they simply 'filled it' below so instead of being a ridge that comes out and then back in as you go down the body, it comes out and is then smoothed down to the bottom :P Looks great - I COULD have had my centre line removed when I did the doorhandles but I didn't think of it in time :( Otherwise that would have gone too!!

DSCF0089b.jpg

DSCF0088b.jpg

Look at the door to see what the real shape of the car is. The black waistline is added to the doors for continuity but without it you can see just how much it conceals the real shape of the car! :(

I WISH I had thought of it before they sprayed it as I would definitely have told them to lose it!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

LMAO!

Austin-Allegro-Equipetits.jpg

...and THIS is why the decals / hideous go faster stripes HAD to go!

equipe.jpg

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Haha we scare Robin by sneaking up and going "nice marina door handles!!!".

It does look much better I will have that much.

Did you get the barnacle...I mean the aerial off as well ?

Something I've got to get done to mine I think.

Fecking hideous panel-wart!!!

Yep, that went at the same time :rolleyes:

Robin, the people who go on about my door handles can go F*ck themselves <_<

They look better on the G car than they ever did on the Moronina or Allaggro :rolleyes:

I Love the original Turbo Esprit graphic too B)

Ditto to the berks that dont like them either :blink:

You really shouldnt let people get to you my friend :P

SUNP0003.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg