Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Helicopter recognition - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Helicopter recognition

MPx

OK, so we live a few miles from the Augusta Westland works, RNAS Yeovilton and HMS Heron operations at Merryfield. Basically we have helicopters buzzing around all the time...which is often spectactular. But if its not the Chinook I dont recognise any of them.

I looked around online and the best books I could find to buy were Jane's Aircraft Recognition Guide and Civil Aircraft Recognition from Airlife. They're OK as far as they go, but with some bizarre design faults given the word "recognition" in the title. For a start both are listings in alphabetical order of manufacturer, sadly there is no such constraint on the order of flypasts. The more bizarre thing is that they have very good side silouettes and also the view from the top.....but not the bottom!

I could really do with something that shows similar shapes together and how to tell them apart. Anyone know of something like that that would assist ??

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

speak to Specky

Aha. He's got an aerial I need to pick up so double whammy - will do.....thanks Dave

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny