Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
R Reg V8 At Sportmotive - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

R Reg V8 At Sportmotive

paul&paula

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought KSC had ceased to be (alphabetically moved along, into the more lucrative fried fast food market?)

but yes they are (or were?) one and the same......

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I thought KSC had ceased to be (alphabetically moved along, into the more lucrative fried fast food market?)

KSD!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

There's a bit of a dilemma here... PaulC is right, the Azure Blue S4s at UKSC (reg UDZ **** if memory serves correctly) IS an ex-forum users car. He had to get rid of it quickly cos of redundancy or divorce or something and was/is totally gutted to have got rid of it. It is a truely sorted and spot on car which, in theory, should survive the UKSC tampering but it is horrendously overpriced and you would only get a very short warranty which isn't worth the paper its written on. So if you go into it with the view of a private purchase (providing the price is right) with no comeback if things do go wrong then you'll get a VERY nice car.

Of course, I'm not at all biased about the colour :blink:

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

AHHHHH Yes of course - thats Ed Teece's car!

TOP lad who was uuterly gutted to sell it - bought it with a handful of problems, spent

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

I've just tried texting Ed to see if he's ok for me to give you his number or if he'll join up here, so you can ask him yourself!

I can't think of a better person to sell you (or otherwise) the car! :blink:

They've had that car for quite some time, I was considering buying it private when it came up for grabs but it just wasn't everything I wanted colour / interior wise, that would have been May / June....ask why (over priced ? - something wrong ?).

Take this into acount when making an offer...personally (please correct me if I am wrong) it was a known good car, very regretable sale by a forum user so there are a lot of plusses there. I would check anything they have done, try and get it inspected (I think someone at Maidstone sports cars could do that, they're reasonably local...30 miles or so...http://www.maidstonesportscars.co.uk).

I wasn't that impressed down there when i looked, not much real knowledge floating around and I wouldn't trust anyone there to tinker with my baby. Its the kind of place you goto to 'rescue' a Lotus (you'll see what I mean if you go down - but by all means go and have a look, there is lots there to look at and they were happy for me to look around for a long time just window shopping. My 2p - if I wanted a Blue S4s, considering how hard they are to come by, I certainly would not rule it out....just remember you're basically paying a premium to jump the que into finding the car.....don't think you'll get anything other than bad aftersales service (all been said before, too many horror stories).

Feel free to pop in and have a look at my car / grab a coffee / have a chat on there way there / back if you like, my house is very easy to find from the M20 Maidstone if you're coming from that direction.

Send me an e-mail if you wanna stop by.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Still haven't heard back from Ed... It's feasible the number I have for him is no longer current....

I shall try again :blink:

Hi there,

Heard back from Ed and he's just happy that it might go to a good home!

He's more than happy to talk to you and let you know anything about it :blink:

You can't get better than that! The complete inside line from the p.o

I have PM'd you his number :D Keep us informed! As we're both near(ish) maybe Jonathan or I could pop down with you to look it over?

Edited by evil_dr_fish

I think I win the prize for being closest to UKSC (for my sins) being just outside Folkestone (about 20 mins from UKSC). I too would be happy to come along and check it out if you want.

Maybe we should all go along as a group and try the intimidation tactic :blink:

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

Hahahaha - Steve - I like it! :blink:

As I say - Im more than happy to meet up down there if I'm not working that day :D

Yeah, yeah, there's always one :)

There IS such a thing as a DAY OFF you know :P :P :P :P :P

This is on pistonheads forum today:

EDWARDO  12:36 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if anyone is after a s4s theres one for sale with paul matty, it was my mates car. The cars the nice blue metalic colour, he spent 10K yes 10K in 2 years , he refurbed the wheels braided the clutch hose, new clutch, had the gearbox rebuilt, engine mounts, brakes, custom exhaust etc... the list goes on. The car was very quick indeed and we did an indicated 170 mph on the auto bahn and it wasnt all used up. Well if people want any more info on the car email me and i can give you all the details money spent etc...

OK, update....

off to look at the UKSC car monday afternoon (provided my meeting in tunbrigde wells finisheds early enough)

hopefully i'll have spoken to Ed by then.....

Must remember to take holy water, bible and garlic for the visit to the dark side..... :)

OK Paul - remember to take everything that Paul Clugston (owner of UKSC) says with a pinch of salt and do some hard bargaining in the knowledge that he's had the car for sale for quite a while. You're not gonna get a bargain there but you may just knock him down to a vaguely sensible price.

Best of luck with it.

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue