Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SUPERCAR SUNDAY - Page 7 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SUPERCAR SUNDAY

Paul C

Well we got to the final 7 in the Supercar of the day fimal at 4pm. Winner was selected by cheers from the audience. Quite a few for cheered us, but all you guys with the loud voices had gone home by then!. So it was a tie between the Viper and the Ferrari. Shoot out as to which car made the loudest noise - no contest - Viper won.

I'll have to get de-catted and straight through exhausts for next year!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Troy Halliday

Hi MPX I removed your photo as there seems to be a eror in your speedo and wouldn't want you to get in trouble with the boys in blue. Just blur the speedo out a bit. To save any confusion B)

A good day, nice to race an enzo (sort of)

great to catch up with everyone.

Big thanks to Dermot for organising this one.

Cheers

Edited by th4neuk

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Look if Kate moss can snort drugs on film and get let off why can't we post pictures of cars and their speedos ? :D

Mike's car's probably got the same fault as mine - reads about 50mph more than it should at about 70mph....its true !

AND wtf were all the speedcameras on for on the M25 !!! :D:D:D

Fishing for some speeding fines were we ? 4 lanes of free moving traffic and they flick it to 60mph....complete tossers. :D

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

at least i got to see the alleged photo so i know what your on about this time :D

was going to say something but pressed refresh and it was gone :D

thought my tired eyes were playin tricks again :D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Guest Troy Halliday

I must have missed all the cameras by cutting across through Aylesbury (jct 9 M40) The A41 duel carriageway was practicly empty with very nice poeple who went out of their way to give me a clear lane. Of course I obsurved the speed limits not easy when traveling that quickly.

As I mentioned I have developed a couple of intermitent faults. One seems to be a misfire of sorts under acceleration and occasionaly while under normal driving. Not sure what it is at the moment but I will change my dizy cap and rotar arm along with replacing the coil with a high output jobby. The other happens under smooth running which is a bounce in the speedo which can suddenly double your speed (but I think I may have sorted that one now :D )

Was nice to see everyone and look forward to the next meet up. Caroline apolagises if she seemed unsociable but said she was feeling quite under the weather, it must have had something to do with it raining Becardi and orange last night, followed by a brief shower of red wine :D But who can tell.

I did take a camera but neglected to take even a single pic, I think my nerves were shot by the two 25th Aniversery Countach and the 30th Aniversary Diablo, doesn't Lamborghini have great birthdays.

What a superb day out!

Great company and a few interesting cars :D

I knew that bloody bucket of water would come back to haunt me! :D

Thanks to Dermot for arranging it, we all definitely had a really good day.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Nice to see everyone having a good day out, also nice to see from the pics of the event that there are no other common or garden 'super'cars that I would swap the Esprit for (and that includes the Murci; it would have to be an "as-well-as" car). If I had the money for an Enzo there would be a farm full of classic Lotii and others (Mangusta/DB4 etc) before anything else modern got in there.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

good day not as busy as last year but more varied cars it seems. i hate ferraris but those enzo's close up are something else. i got to blag a seat in a sv diablo from a young lad i met the year b4, (only 24-25yo). really really nice guys. and nice to meet a couple of ppl i have never spoken to b4. just a shame i had to converse with the fish LOL. (good food eh robin, and other things HA HA HA).

misses said if the 300zx's can turn up then she can in her beast, so next year we will be a 2 car party, so at the pub meet b4 hand you can point and mock her jap weapon, until it blows us all away on the straight,,,shame LOL

all in all a good show and i love the colour of your car troy, and interior.

oh and mike, i will give you my address to send the wing to, no problem LOL

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

oh and mike, i will give you my address to send the wing to, no problem LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Karl,

I think the S350 wing is too understated and quite frankly too masculine to be fitted on the Make-Up counter lookalike that you have created. Dont take this the wrong way but surely Max factor would be interested in licensing your styling and the SOOooo fey colour from you?

As a friendly tip, could the Village People have a cast off that would do you ??

A feather boa could look quite fetching , or maybe two trailng from the carbon Flying Tea- tray on the aft deck. It would certainly pull a few bent coppers!!!

Mike, :D :D :D

( WING Commander !)

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

....AND my thanks to Dermot for organising the entries and nice to get to meet some new faces and 'twas a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Thanks everyone AND the Ginger Water Maid !!

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Troy,

Got to say that I've never seen such an immaculate interior and undercarriage.

It's a credit to all the hard work you've put in.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Troy,

Got to say that I've never seen such an immaculate interior and undercarriage.

It's a credit to all the hard work you've put in.

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must admit the interior trimming Troy did was brilliant.

Mike

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Guest Troy Halliday

Thanks guys much appreciated. Must admit I couldn't stop looking at the later sytle dash and interior in the 350's ......... Oh well one day I'll have my Sport 300 or a clone there of. Which would proberbly be better as I wouldn't want to mess about with a 300 so much.

Must admit I am looking forward to the day that I can afford my next Esprit and get creative again.

I think I need theropy