Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fhra American Car Show & Tuning car show - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fhra American Car Show & Tuning car show

Jussi

American car show at Helsinki Fair Centre 14-17.4.2006

Here's a link: FHRA American car show

And here's the main page: http://www.fhra.fi/fin/

I'm going on sunday (16.4), see you there :lol:

There's a special offer, tickets for two and double room hotel (including breakfast) 135euros.

Edited by Jussi

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the full report from Helsinki:

It was a bit disappointment, like Tampere...or am I getting old :D

There was a nice Ford -34, owner Nigel Lockley from England, anyone heard about him? It took seven years to build the Ford and it was stunning. Hmm. if I sell my house and... seriously anyone knows anything about it, how much? :o

Euro-Tuning area was full of drifting, I'm so full of it. There's even series about it in this year...oh dear. I took about 600photos from show :P Got to reduce amount to 400, and still there are "some" photos. It was a nice day, got some friends with us and we were in the show almost all day :P

And then something weird happened! The model-car seller (I have bought all his Lotus-models lately) give me business-card and suggest to give a guy a ring and maybe visit his "garage". Business card says: Lotus collector :o So I phoned him and he invited me to his garage, and what an garage. He owns Lotus Elite, Super Seven and Elan and had owned Finland's only S1 Esprit. He knew my car and give some history information about it (previous owners), information was same as I already knew but it was good to confirmed those history-details. I was speechless in his garage there was so much Lotus-stuff. He started to collect Lotus-items on -77. He collects also other models than Lotus, Heli counted cars on the shelf, there were about 3000cars on one vitrin and there were at least 5 vitrins. Lotus-models were on their own vitrins. Anywhere I looked was Lotus-stuff (posters, books, models, key holders, maskots, pens...) Sorry I can't show any photos cause it was his private collection and it would not be polite to share those on the web. He was very helpful man and invite us to his garage anytime. He also keep files about Lotus-owners in Finland, there are 5 Esprits as I thought, one S1 and one Elise. I don't asked about other models.

Alright here's some photos from American car show:

Nice Zephyr:

zephyr.jpg

Finnish Hot Rod Association's track dehumidification-vehicle :P

fhra.jpg

Corvette-section was excellent again, there was designer standing beside model, nice idea:

vette.jpg

Nice Charger:

charger.jpg

Here's the Ford I talked about, -34 Ford 3 Window coupe:

ford2.jpg

ford.jpg

ford3.jpg

Parotech's Chrysler 300C from France:

300c.jpg

Now you know why I have a Peugeot, cause life is like this :o

206.jpg

Frog-Porsche, it would be fun to drive with this to Porsche-meeting, Porsche enthusiastics may be shocked about this :lol:

porsche.jpg

Maserati Mistral Coupe -67

maserati.jpg

Look carefully this 24-inch wheel, what you see...

wheel.jpg

Here's the car I asked about you (it was last week in Tampere show).

Car is Ghia L 6.4 coupe -61, 25 were made so it's pretty rare.

ghia.jpg

Skoda 120 with Olds 355 and NOS :P INSANE!!!

skoda.jpg

Nice Chevy from Parking area:

chevy.jpg

Rest of the photos are here: American Car Show @ Helsinki 2006

Enjoy :)

Jussi, I've got some great scans of the Ghia if you want them (actually a different one modified by barris, but the extent of his mods are cibie headlights :o)

in my opinion that car has the most beautiful interior in the world. amazing.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I know what you're all been waiting for :)

Was it these photos perhaps :(

girl.jpg

Oops, don't stare...

girl2.jpg

This is why I was practising to photo moving cars at the racetrack last summer :) Nice "panning" or what...

girl3.jpg

Nice space to advertise:

girl4.jpg

girl5.jpg

Some miss Hot Rods:

girls.jpg

Nice...VW:

girls2.jpg

Guess what section was full of people:

girls3.jpg

Nice snake:

snake.jpg

Top stuff!

Love the ford and that mid-engined Skoda is superb! :)

The err Twin-Airbag section looked rather nice too :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif