Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
San Diego British Car Day - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

San Diego British Car Day

JRTurbo909

Hey everyone,

I got this info through the South Coast Lotus club. I was wondering if anyone was planning to attend...

The 11th Annual San Diego British Car Day is on Saturday, April 15, 2006, with the meet starting at 8:30 a.m. and the first cars out for the drive at 9:30 a.m., arriving at the destination at approximately noon.

You are supposed to pack your own picnic basket as the destination is at a county park, not at a restaurant. For more details of the route, please see the San Diego Rolling British Car Day web site here:

http://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org/

Details for this year's event is here.

http://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org/RBCD2006.html

Or Call:

SDBCD Information Line: 760-746-1458

Or Email Jerry Craft:

Jerry.Craft@titan.com

Apparently, over 225 British cars showed up for last year's event (2005). Hopefully we can have a nice Lotus presence at this fine event.

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shah,

We have four Esprits going from OC if you want to join us - how about Slade and Gonzalo or anyone else for that matter!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I would love to but I have to write a 30 page analysis into the system architecting and heuristic reasoning that went into Toyota's Hybrid System and this will unfortunately consume my weekend. Next time for sure. Slade? Gonzalo?

Shah

things keep putting us off from various other things don't they :angry:

anyways, I promised my family to attend the Dodgers game that day... So fraid I won't be there either :(

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

well hopefully we can have an all-esprit meet and plan it far enough ahead that everyone will be available to make it that day...

any suggestions on a preliminary date?

Trevor, when would your JPS be up and running and you would be able to attend?

Shah

well hopefully we can have an all-esprit meet and plan it far enough ahead that everyone will be available to make it that day...

any suggestions on a preliminary date?

Trevor, when would your JPS be up and running and you would be able to attend?

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had it running having taken it to work each day for a week when it rained like hell the other week. Gave me a bit of a job list. Have made a better connection for the alternator field wire, re-bled the brakes and adjusted the pedals to help heel and toeing. Still need new, correct-size front tires. Almost there!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I have had it running having taken it to work each day for a week when it rained like hell the other week.  Gave me a bit of a job list.  Have made a better connection for the alternator field wire,  re-bled the brakes and adjusted the pedals to help heel and toeing.  Still need new, correct-size front tires.  Almost there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bought time we got to see a picture of the beast Trev! :angry:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Really though.

Even if it isn't black :angry:

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Just got back from the San Diego British Car Day and have to say what a great time I had!

The day started off on a bad note when I see fluid leaking under the V8, but dismiss it as water from yesterdays rain. I drive off and just before getting on the freeway change down and the clutch pedal just hits the floor - rats, that fluid was out of the clutch slave cylinder and not water!

I limp home and pick up the S4s, only I had the battery out and assorted projects underway - end up getting things back together in record time and hop on the freeway to the meeting point in Irvine. Get to Whorebucks coffee and meet up with a blue Noble, red Esprit and a yellow Elise. My pearl V8 is now famous for not showing up at events :D

Head South on the 5 Freeway to San Diego and the rain just starts pouring down! We pass a few other British cars (a MG, top down in the pouring rain with two occupants smiling and waving to us!). Arrive in Escondido and find about 100 assorted English cars including a 88 pearl white SE. Other notables included a Aston DB4, Jensen Interceptor and a stunning Lotus Cortina.

sdcars13xb.jpg

Everyone then headed out in multiple groups on a drive through the San Diego back country (Julian and Ramona areas) and I have to say these are great roads with little traffic.

sdcars58ol.jpg

After the drive we all meet up again near Escondido for a picnic lunch and a chat

sdcars20hi.jpg

sdcars38mv.jpg

Finally we all headed back up the 5 to LA and went our seperate ways. I have to say I love driving the S4s and I'm still wondering if I've made a mistake buying the V8 :lol:

wow it sounds like great fun paul. Im bummed that I missed out on it. did you get to talk to the owner of the white SE? is he on the board? we should try and contact him for any upcoming meets that we have...

Who was the other Esprit? Was it Sean from the South Coast Lotus club? I thought i saw him in the pics but I have never seen his car...

Shah

Yep, Sean's car is the red V8 closer to the camera with my S4s behind. The owner of the pearl white SE is a local OC guy we meet at CC. It was a great day, and the drive home was fantastic, smooth cruising all up the 5 ....

wow it sounds like great fun paul. Im bummed that I missed out on it. did you get to talk to the owner of the white SE? is he on the board? we should try and contact him for any upcoming meets that we have...

Who was the other Esprit? Was it Sean from the South Coast Lotus club? I thought i saw him in the pics but I have never seen his car...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa... it's very likely I passed a TR2 that looked a whole lot like the one in that pic, on the 91 to my Sister's house (where I was instead of San Diego). Rolled down the window and screamed admiration for his car :o

Damn. I hate missing these things. Maybe by the next time, all of our cars that we intend to drive somewhere will work and we'll all be in the same room at the same time :lol:

Least I got to drive my car today... B) Shah and Trev and now Paul need to get their cars working too. Sorry to pass my bad luck onto you Paul :o

Gonzalo needs to keep doing whatever he's doing :D

slade

We've met him a few times at events, he's local to San Diego.

Coo! A Rover 2000. One of the few production cars designed around a gas turbine. Did it come from Van Nuys because a couple of years ago I was driving through there and went past a house with a yard full of them.

XZ5M0819.thumb.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Not certain Trev, but these cars always remind me of the "Sweeny" for some reason!

Coo!  A Rover 2000.  One of the few production cars designed around a gas turbine.  Did it come from Van Nuys because a couple of years ago I was driving through there and went past a house with a yard full of them.

XZ5M0819.thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>