Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
For my next trick... - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

For my next trick...

Manntis

some of you may remember when I starved myself this summer to call attention to the dangers of poor eating habits and fad diets.

As part of my recovery from the dangerous stunt (don't try this at home), I was given a bike to ride around on by a locak bike shop, building muscle back up with a low impact workout. I hadn't been on a bike since I was about 9, but I was quickly hooked. Within 5 weeks I was up to 50 km/day.

So...

I've partnered with Prostate Cancer Canada (since they only get a fraction of the funding that the pink ribbon bunch get), and will be riding my bike from coast to coast across Canada from St. John's NL to Victoria, BC to raise prostate cancer awareness and hopefully some funding for them.

I need a bit of help though - if you could take a minute to click 'like' for the Facebook page, that'd be awesome. Sponsors respond to potential eyeballs better than anything else: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Strong-And-Free/113375188731660

If you're interested in following the journey, you can check out http://www.strongandfree.org to follow along. If you're really interested, I'm looking for people to join me for a leg or two on my travels! Get out your bike, generate some pledges, and ride alongside me! Details will be posted on the main site soon.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be some bike ride....more power to your elbow. Er...knees??!! I was diagnosed T3a Gleason 9 in 2007, and I'm still here thanks to Prof. Dearnaley and his team at the Royal Marsden. How can I pledge a few bob to the cause? Nothing I could see on the website or Facebook relates.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Thanks Lotus4s and Molemot!

Molemot - glad to hear you're doing better!

If you want to give to Strong And Free to help ensure it goes off without a hitch, please do. There's a 'donate' button in the upper right corner of the website, but that's specifically for the campaign expenses so when I perform my ride, 100% of the dollars raised go directly to Prostate Cancer Canada.

If you're more comfortable giving directly to Prostate Cancer Canada, they're setting up an event page on their site to collect donations during the event, but that's not 'till summer.

It seems a long way off but I've just 5 months before I'm in the saddle for 100 kms a day!

Incidentally, while doing my starvation project The Hungry I, I met a chap from Norwich who plans to fly over and ride with me as far as he's able. I hope others can join me for a leg here and there - even if it's just a parade of Lotus cars lined up as I pass through Toronto or Vancouver or something :)

Edited by Manntis