Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Donington 2011] Thistle Hotel Arrangements & Discounts - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Donington 2011] Thistle Hotel Arrangements & Discounts

Bibs

Sorry for the late post, but would it still be possible to add some names for the meal on Saturday night? There are 8 of us comming down from NE Scotland, and 5 have confirmed they would like to come to the meal - if the other three confirm then I will add them ASAP - if that is OK.

Scott

1 & 2. Bibs & Laura (2 x meals)

3 & 4 Bryan & Sharon Barker. (2 x meals)

3 joaovc (1x meal)

4 & 5 Paul & Sarah (2 x meals)

6 & 7 Dave & Ann (2 x meals)

8 Yasuo (1 x meals)

9 & 10 Sissi & Jukka (2x meals)

11 & 12 Alan & Evi (2 x meals) Hotel Sat night only

13 Martyn (2 x meals)

14 Victor Hollnagel (1 x meal)

15 & 16 Barrie & Emma (2x Meals)

17 David Wiltshire (2 meals pre booked with room Friday and Saturday)

18 David Darling (1x meal)

19 Andrew Laing (1x meal)

20 Alan Ferguson (1x meal)

21 & 22 Alan & John (2 meals for Saturday evening)

23 & 24 Bob and Janet Dickson for the meal on Saturday (not staying in hotel)

25 Ronald Ringma (1x meal, not staying in hotel)

26 Scott Gibb (1x meal on Sat, not staying in hotel)

27 Archie Buchanan (1x meal on Sat, not staying in hotel)

28 Brian Donald (1x meal on Sat, not staying in hotel)

29 & 30 John & Wendy Walsh (2x meal on Sat, not staying in hotel)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Loved the weekend, but can I suggest that everyone who stayed at the Thistle hotel Saturday night carefully check your bill, if you didn't at the time of checkout.

Our initial bill presented to us was for £189, which was eventually after much scrutiny reduced down to the correct amount of £118, a massive overcharge of £71!

A small part of this was due to being charged for an extra glass of wine and 1 bottle of sparkling mineral water, which was actually ordered by another couple sat at our table, and so this was obviously a 'one-off' mistake which would not affect anyone else.

However, the main proportion of the overcharge was due to being charged both the correct discounted rate for the meal and wine for 2 people at £50, and also being charged for the same meal and wine again at the hotel's normal rate, which I recollect was around £60.

I am concerned that the same mistake of charging us for the meal and wine at both the discounted rate and the normal full rate may have been repeated for all guests within our group.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else experienced the same situation.

One good thing that came out of it is the receptionist then validated our parking token without our having to pay the £5 overnight stay fee, I think as a form of apology for the mix up.

Perhaps we'll see some of you at the Ace this coming Wednesday - we'll certainly be there.

Al.

Edited by Alan & Evi